Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need mask help at 18 pressure
RE: Need mask help at 18 pressure
(02-15-2016, 06:45 PM)Rousseau21 Wrote:
(02-09-2016, 07:54 PM)Mr Nifty Wrote: Tried the Mirage Quattro for the first time last night. I know it leaked some. This morning my ResMed Aircurve 10 gave me a Green smiley face. That is the first time ever since I started therapy. This means I had an acceptable amount of leakage. My air score was 98 of a 100. Never had above 78 before. Generally I was in the high 60's.
I tried to keep it as loose as possible. However it leaked. So I tightened it up. Had marks on my face and forehead this morning. Oddly enough when I slept on my side it helped the mask seal better.
I have a padacheek on order. Suppose to arrive tomorrow. I am hoping this will take care of the fart leaks, as I call them.
Perhaps I will never get a perfect seal. I visit many xpap forums. I have not seen anyone using a pressure of 22 like me.

Going to use the mask a few more days before I pull a sleepyhead report.

Masks I have tried since January 26th. Thie Mirage Quattro is the best one thus far. My local DME only has ResMed masks.

AirFit F10
Swift FX
AirFit N10
Mirage Liberty
Mirage Quattro

Hello Mr Nifty, did you receive your padacheek?

Did it reduce your leaks?

Thanks for your feedback

Yes the padacheek did reduce the leak. Also stops the weird noises. Not using the mask right now. Waiting on a special gel thing you put on your face before the mask that is suppose to help with leaks.

I'm using a mirage activa lt. Zero leaks but it's a nasal mask. And I''d prefer a FFM. Still searching! Also have a comfort gel blue on order.

Sleeping better since 01/13/2016 Smile

Masks I have tried to date
AirFit F10-FFM, AirFit N10-Nasal, Mirage Liberty-Hybrid FFM, Mirage Quattro-FFM, Swift FX Nano-Pillow, Mirage Activa LT-Nasal, ComfortGel Blue-FFM, Amara View -FFM, Pilairo Q -Pillow
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need mask help at 18 pressure
The Simplus works for me at high pressure but only when I use liners. Right now I'm using Remzzzs and use them multiple times before washing to save money. The Resmed Airsense 10 with humidifier seems to be a good bet to avoid dry mouth - at least for me. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Do mask types affect xpaps rise in eye pressure? Happyeyes 4 363 01-12-2024, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mask for High Pressure on ASV PamVT41 8 545 12-16-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,641 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Mask pressure wave form with obstructive events jaredihnen 6 448 12-07-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 923 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  New Full Face Mask- Flow and Pressure Rise acruisertoo 8 807 08-06-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: acruisertoo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.