Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need mask help at 18 pressure
RE: Need mask help at 18 pressure
David, thank you for the sage advice. I'm growing more angry that my DME person wrinkled their nose at the thought of a full face mask. I don't care about seeing or feeling claustrophobic- I'll get adjusted I'm sure, what I can't deal with is serious pain and dysfunction daily. For instance not being able to see on my way to work because my eyeballs were blown dry all night or speak because my throat has been blown dry. I've put up with a lot, I can adjust if I can find the right device. Thanks again, your post is very encouraging.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Aircurve 10 VAuto and have been using it since 1/26/2016. I have not found a decent mask that does not have major leaks. My pressure is 16 to 22 after a 10 minute ramp time. Humidity setting of 3.

I have tried the following masks. Insurance only paid for one. Sad I prefer nasal or pillow. But they leak way to much and I believe I am stuck with FFM only?

AirFit F10
Swift FX
AirFit N10
Mirage Liberty

Received the Mirage Quattro in the mail today. I'm praying this is the one!
Post Reply Post Reply
Mr Nifty, I'm praying along with you. I so hope this is the one.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2016, 11:14 PM)Xrayrose Wrote: Mr Nifty, I'm praying along with you. I so hope this is the one.

Called the place that did the sleep study the other day. I requested they send me a complete copy of my study. After reviewing it several time. I noted a sentence that mentioned the mask they used during the study. "Mirage Quattro" And i had minimal leakage during the study.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, iv been cpap user for 6yrs.I have high pressure 17.5 my ahi is .88 average.I was useing p10 with min leakage and for last 2 month been useing dreamwear and cant keep it from leaking and my leak rate went up so im going back to the p10.i did find I had my machine set for wrong mask once change settings that did help.
Post Reply Post Reply
if you haven't already, check out this thread.
proper adjustment can make a bad mask acceptable and an acceptable mask great.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...GUARANTEED
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Mirage Quattro. Have for 6 years; and my pressure goes up to 18.
Near zero leakage. Of course what works for one person may not for another.

Best Regards,

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried the Mirage Quattro for the first time last night. I know it leaked some. This morning my ResMed Aircurve 10 gave me a Green smiley face. That is the first time ever since I started therapy. This means I had an acceptable amount of leakage. My air score was 98 of a 100. Never had above 78 before. Generally I was in the high 60's.
I tried to keep it as loose as possible. However it leaked. So I tightened it up. Had marks on my face and forehead this morning. Oddly enough when I slept on my side it helped the mask seal better.
I have a padacheek on order. Suppose to arrive tomorrow. I am hoping this will take care of the fart leaks, as I call them.
Perhaps I will never get a perfect seal. I visit many xpap forums. I have not seen anyone using a pressure of 22 like me.

Going to use the mask a few more days before I pull a sleepyhead report.

Masks I have tried since January 26th. Thie Mirage Quattro is the best one thus far. My local DME only has ResMed masks.

AirFit F10
Swift FX
AirFit N10
Mirage Liberty
Mirage Quattro
Post Reply Post Reply
I faxed a long list of issues I have with all my current masks and machine and pressure to my doc on Monday. I initiated a call today and his office is writing a rx for a new mask, I fear I am limited by whatever mask my DME place is pushing this week and that makes me nervous. We also discussed the constant ' your SIM card is not in place' issues and the test my nephew did on my machine that showed a max humidity of 30% at the distance from the hose your mouth would be and 37% with the meter in the end of the hose. Per the meter 30% is the beginning number for normal room air it's certainly not enhanced so perhaps that's why I have to peel my cheeks off my teeth in the morning. The doc also offered a new sleep study I'm unsure how that's going to help me find a mask that fits. Does anyone know if your mask was leaking during your sleep study would the leak cause them to crank up the pressure to get a good reading? The last one I had was bit sketchy. I'm wondering if they got it wrong since my pressure hasn't changed in years and I was 50 lbs lighter than the test before. I think it's worth doing the study, I just don't know how to also make that a testing ground for the right mask. Any pointers would be welcome. If I don't get improvement after jumping all these hoops again I really will just give it up. You can only bang your head against a wall for so long. 12 months is long enough. Thanks again for all the really solid advice from fellow patients.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2016, 07:54 PM)Mr Nifty Wrote: Tried the Mirage Quattro for the first time last night. I know it leaked some. This morning my ResMed Aircurve 10 gave me a Green smiley face. That is the first time ever since I started therapy. This means I had an acceptable amount of leakage. My air score was 98 of a 100. Never had above 78 before. Generally I was in the high 60's.
I tried to keep it as loose as possible. However it leaked. So I tightened it up. Had marks on my face and forehead this morning. Oddly enough when I slept on my side it helped the mask seal better.
I have a padacheek on order. Suppose to arrive tomorrow. I am hoping this will take care of the fart leaks, as I call them.
Perhaps I will never get a perfect seal. I visit many xpap forums. I have not seen anyone using a pressure of 22 like me.

Going to use the mask a few more days before I pull a sleepyhead report.

Masks I have tried since January 26th. Thie Mirage Quattro is the best one thus far. My local DME only has ResMed masks.

AirFit F10
Swift FX
AirFit N10
Mirage Liberty
Mirage Quattro

Hello Mr Nifty, did you receive your padacheek?

Did it reduce your leaks?

Thanks for your feedback

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Do mask types affect xpaps rise in eye pressure? Happyeyes 4 363 01-12-2024, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mask for High Pressure on ASV PamVT41 8 543 12-16-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,638 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Mask pressure wave form with obstructive events jaredihnen 6 448 12-07-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  New Full Face Mask- Flow and Pressure Rise acruisertoo 8 806 08-06-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: acruisertoo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.