Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need new doctor/sleep center
Having moved, changed insurances, etc and wanting to get my insurance to start paying for supplies for my cpap, I'm likely going to need a new doctor and/or sleep study center.

There's tons of them in houston. I live in the South East side of Houston and would appreciate it anyone knows any good doctors/centers or even which ones to avoid like the plague.

My last sleep study was in 2009, so I know they'll want a new one. Bleah.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some sleep centers choose to be listed on the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) list but others centers choose not pay for such listing

Search for a center near you http://www.sleepeducation.com/find-a-center

CPAP machines choice wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Post Reply Post Reply
You shouldn't need one. Do you have the prescription from your original one? While you wait, call your old doc office and ask to have your records sent to you. Tell them you don't have a doc yet but you need it on hand for the insurance. They should have a copy of the sleep study and a copy of the prescriptions.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Defeated by doctor Tess 32 1,484 08-15-2017, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Beej
  Second Sleep Study - Questions to ask Doctor Zandor435 9 565 08-13-2017, 12:12 AM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Follow-Up Appt. with Doctor & Changing Own Settings rooy1960 10 786 08-09-2017, 08:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Have you SEEN the doctor (at all)? toadius 24 1,124 08-05-2017, 12:06 AM
Last Post: CTcentrals
  Sleepyhead data vs. Doctor's data Daisylouu 10 2,514 08-03-2017, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Questions about re-starting therapy, researching before doctor visit CrazyDreamer 60 2,028 06-04-2017, 04:18 PM
Last Post: CrazyDreamer
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 13 1,068 05-04-2017, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider