Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need new machine
Need new machine
I've had a RemStar M Series A Flex for 5-6 years now. It has started to make a noise that sounds like it's leaking, and I'm wondering if it's time for a new machine. Does anyone have a suggestion? I read that ResMed S9, Respironics DS 560 and Fisher & Paykel Icon Auto are the top sellers. Does anyone have experience with any of these that they would like to share? I just switched from the ResMed Swift FX for Her to the ResMed AirFit P10 and LOVE the new pillows! Thought the Swift was as good as it could get, but the AirFit has it beaten hands down!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need new machine
Hi garrityd,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Here is a link regarding which machines to buy and which ones to avoid.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you on your machine decision.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2014, 07:40 PM)garrityd Wrote: Does anyone have a suggestion? I read that ResMed S9, Respironics DS 560 and Fisher & Paykel Icon Auto are the top sellers.
Welcome to the forum
The choice between PRS1 560 and S9 AutoSet (not Escape Auto), Icon Auto data is limited (no central apnea detection) and a big hassle trying locating F&P software but no such with problems with either of the other two machines

I,m happy with the S9 AutoSet but as you've using Respironcis of the last 5/6 years, might be better stick with the devil you know and saving some money too. Supplier #2 prices are cheaper than most
Supplier List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the S9 Autoset best but the DS560TS with heated humidifier and heated tube is a close second. I personally would not look at any other brand or lesser model. If you discover you need a more advanced machine, BiPap or ASV as I have, I would stick with those same two brands and just move up to the more advanced models.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2014, 07:40 PM)garrityd Wrote: I've had a RemStar M Series A Flex for 5-6 years now. It has started to make a noise that sounds like it's leaking, and I'm wondering if it's time for a new machine. Does anyone have a suggestion? I read that ResMed S9, Respironics DS 560 and Fisher & Paykel Icon Auto are the top sellers. Does anyone have experience with any of these that they would like to share?
A while back I wrote the following detailed comparison between the S9 AutoSet and the PR System One Auto CPAP.

Part 1 of Robysue's review and Part 2 of Robysue's review
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Devilbiss Intellipap Auto that I've been using for the past couple of months. I got it with the SmartLink system and the humidifier. It's quiet and the price was reasonable (a bit cheaper than the machines you listed). And the SleepyHead software works with it.

So far, I'm pretty happy with this machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,413 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,869 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,343 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,792 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,285 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.