Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need resommendations for mouth tape and hose strapI
RE: Need resommendations for mouth tape and hose strapI
(02-08-2018, 07:13 PM)mesenteria Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 07:05 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: The color of the spool is very important in preventing leaks.  Unsure

I was offering the courtesy of making the product, if on his/her local drug store shelves, that much more easily discerned.  Sorry to have confused you.

Thank you - will look for it.  My tape is not wide enough so I need to overlap it but still works ok but wife said I was “gurgling” through the tape.  

My hose lift arrived from supplier # 1 and used it last night.  Wasn’t sure when I unpacked it since it looked very small but worked great and now I wish I had bought one long ago.  It really made a difference.  Never woke up from being tangled in hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2018, 07:13 PM)mesenteria Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 07:05 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: The color of the spool is very important in preventing leaks.  Unsure

I was offering the courtesy of making the product, if on his/her local drug store shelves, that much more easily discerned.  Sorry to have confused you.

Thanks for the info on the tape.  Just poking fun at the decision of is it "Teal or is it Turquoise".
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Managing major leaks, some minor tweeks, and numbers improving.

[Image: bNT6Gspl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to hear it! Keep up the good work.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2018, 05:17 PM)edfreeman Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 07:28 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Looking at the chin-up strips they look like they might help keep the jaw closed. However taping the mouth is usually done for leaks between the lips. I don't see chin-ups preventing that. It also doesn't do anything for positional issues like the cervical collar does. It won't stop me from trying it once though.

Yeah, no kidding . . . note the difference in these 2 leak graphs. 

Collar.

Chinup.

This is just my results of course, YMMV, but I'd call it a failed experiment on losing the neck blanket, woke up on a few of those leaks.  What I can't explain is why, the collar surely allows more jaw movement than the chin-up strips.  Oh well, maybe I'll give the tape across the lips another shot or just live with neck sweat.
Btw, anybody that would like to try these, I'd be glad to pop some in the mail, really don't want to toss them.  Hit me up with a PM with an address (will do the first 3-4 folks).  Only rule will be if they don't work for you, you have to PIF them to the next person on here that wants to try.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 3 104 1 hour ago
Last Post: stevew168
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 4 190 03-16-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 8 132 03-14-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 982 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 729 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,098 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM
Question Hose volume Willw 4 219 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.