Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need set-up help for ResMed Airsense 10 for Her
RE: Need set-up help for ResMed Airsense 10 for Her
Chest wall issues? this makes no sense. The slimline and heated hose do not in any way impede pressure or flow, and your pressures are relatively low. In fact the greater volume of a full diameter hose and a full face mask create more volume in the breathing circuit making the machine a little slower to respond. It would be interesting to hear more about what is being attempted here, because if there is a resistance or volume problem, the solution might be bilevel instead of CPAP. Not to be a butthead, BUT I'm calling B.S. on this one.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The changes we have proposed are only for the purpose of mimicking your Respironics as closely as possible.

And, if they look it will be apparent that the settings have changed.

I have to ask because we too learn as we go, and never having run into this before I have to ask specifically what is the issue?  you stated, "We're working the chest wall issues, but for now I can't use the narrow tubing or nasal pillows."  Does this include Nasal Masks as well?  

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
I notice that your profile says that you are not using any software .  I very strongly suggest that you download Sleepyhead and post your nightly charts if for no other reason than to know what is happening.  See my signature for the download instructions and especially the organization.  This will allow you to see, on a breath by breath basis for the entire night, what is actually happening.  This is the single best thing that you can do to assist your therapy.

You will need a small AD card if your machine does not have one (the upper door on the left side.)

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
I joined yesterday and downloaded the software today. Tomorrow I will attempt to download my data.

And I was unaware until I started reading threads on this forum yesterday that a nasal pillow mask existed. I tried pillows and switched back to my nasal mask in no time. In looking at pictures online, I think I saw them when I picked up my machine. I generally like more sturdy masks/headgear because I turn rather roughly from side to side a few times during the night.

I had Kaiser for the first few years I used the CPAP. I used what they sent me, and luckily the entire set-up worked well from day one. I never understood why some people had so much trouble adjusting to a CPAP. Now I understand just given the variation.
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI The BEST mask for you is the mask that works!!!

The "do not use pillows and do not use the narrow tube" just do not make any sense to us.  Thus SR, who is among the best at interpreting your charts, and I both question that statement.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
>>>FYI The BEST mask for you is the mask that works!!!

Then you'll respect the fact that I've tried the pillows and the narrow tubing and found they don't work for me...

And I've found masks and tubing that work for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I accept it and understand the Mask,  The tubing being a problem I do not understand.  I don't see the difference the tubing would make, but I also don't see a reason to change the tubing.  I do see a reason to know why the smaller tubing is a problem, that being that we would not want to aggravate any problem that the narrow tubing is causing.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
The way it was originally phrased, it sounded like a doctor's decision, rather than your personal choice. Being the latter, that's fine, and changes the skeptical tone of my comment. The data will help guide you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure if it was a combination of the changes I made or mostly one or two, but using the ResMed machine last night was easy.

I've attached the data from my sleep report for last night.  I'd appreciate some feedback.

Attached Files
.pdf   1-18-19 Sleep Report.pdf (Size: 782.96 KB / Downloads: 55)
Post Reply Post Reply
Now let's see if we can attack those Flow Limits.

First remember these settings, they are a safe place for you.

It appears that your flow limits are driving your pressure all over the place.
In an attempt to manage that let's increase your min from 7 to 8 and you EPR from 2 to 3. This will give you the same effective min pressure.

With numbers like this what is so very important is how you feel, so How do you feel?

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 24 443 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,808 4 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,614 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,805 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,184 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.