Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need some advice on APAP Range settings
RE: Need some advice on APAP Range settings
While all of this has been fascinating (note to self: never mention EPR or Flex again, ever Big Grin) it does not answer my intended question of why my AHI is suddenly so dramatically worse, or what to do about it.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2016, 11:52 PM)chill Wrote: While all of this has been fascinating (note to self: never mention EPR or Flex again, ever Big Grin) it does not answer my intended question of why my AHI is suddenly so dramatically worse, or what to do about it.

I see *one* pic posted by you, that shows an ahi of 5 something, and indicates your pressure is too low.

is that the better or worse pic?

can we get more information, like a good one and a bad one?
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure what happened there, that was supposed to be two different nights. The second one (now removed) ended up in thumbnails. I went with sdb7802's advice on to use a range of 9.5 to 14 last night. My AHI dropped to 1.5.

[attachment=2355]

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2016, 02:07 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: Posting some Sleepyhead reports would help get answers. I guess my first step would be to put the Autoset machine into CPAP mode and run it at 9.5 a couple nights to a week to see if that reverts you back to where things were working. Also, you might want to look at things like EPR and RAMP. I had to turn both of those off to get my AHI to settle down, but my case if different - I got the Autoset instead of an Elite even though I was supposed to be on CPAP and not auto. (It's a long story). So, when I started my AHI was up in the 30's with the new machine. I got the AHI down to 3 by turning off everything automatic, shaving my beard off to get leaks under control, and fiddling with the fit of my FFM. Now, I will let it run like the for a week or so, and then slowly start adding things back into the mix going for stability and repeatability foremost.

Yea, this is what I would do as well. If you have had good results at a steady pressure of 9.5 then go with it. It maybe higher due to the machine changing the pressure on you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2016, 11:35 PM)palerider Wrote: I suppose we'll have to just agree to disagree till someone comes up with a manometer and some empirical information Smile

Vesheline is correct. Aflex is flow based. Gives vaying cm of relief based on flow , up to three initally, but will never end an exhalation with more than 2 cm of reduction of the current running pressure.
Cflex + works the same way.
Cflex is a different animal.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2016, 12:05 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote:
(04-09-2016, 11:35 PM)palerider Wrote: I suppose we'll have to just agree to disagree till someone comes up with a manometer and some empirical information Smile

Vesheline is correct. Aflex is flow based.

yes, I know it's flow based, it's the 2cm drop he alleges that I'm disputing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 280 1 hour ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 860 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,795 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 367 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 571 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.