Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need some advise...
Need some advise...
I have been using a RemStar Auto with A-Flex (560P) for several years.  My Doctor at the SF Kaiser Sleep Lab thinks I am a poster child for Apnea.  Every year he signs a document that I give him that is a compilation of my sleepyhead data and it goes off to the FAA, every 12 months, so I can continue to fly as a weekend hobby pilot.
My problem is that I need a second machine for use in a second residence.  They don't make the 560P anymore and I am not going to spend $300 on ebay for a used one of how knows what quality. 
I also need to be able to combine the data from both machines once I get a second one.  I loath the fact that the companies making these machines do not give us software to control, download, and analyze our use on our own machines and not over the internet. In fact I hate it so much, I wonder about building machines to compete with them that is designed from the ground up for sleepyhead!
In any event, can people advise me on what is the "most current" machine made that can work with sleepyhead AND that I can combine the data from both machines on an ongoing basis?
Thanks, JD.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need some advise...
I'm pretty sure that current versions of SleepyHead do not allow for two different CPAP machines on the same profile, although I could well be wrong. I think allowing that is one of the goals of version 2.0, but I'm not sure of that, either.
Post Reply Post Reply
My daughter used a PR 560 for a couple months before switching to a DreamStation Auto using the same profile with current version of SH. But she is not switching back and forth between the two machines.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed S9 and S10 Autosets are good machines - I have one of each, now - and you can get the ResScan clinician's software.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead does indeed allow a single user profile to combine more than one machine and the data is properly compiled, in detailed and summary reports. I have used The PRS1 560, 760 and Resmed Aircurve 10 and can look at all the data under one single profile. So you can use two machines and get a single report, even if the machines are different models or manufacturers.

If you choose to buy, out of pocket, a new Resmed Aircurve 10 Autoset is available for $589 for Model 37207. I prefer the Autoset for its faster response to events and use of bilevel exhale relief. The Dreamstation Auto is essentially the same machine you have now. You can find the former Amazon seller "Sistemma" who provided excellent prices and services and is an authorized reseller that provides a 2-year warranty, by searching "Get in Shape Ecrater CPAP".
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2018, 07:53 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Sleepyhead does indeed allow a single user profile to combine more than one machine and the data is properly compiled, in detailed and summary reports.  I have used The PRS1 560, 760 and Resmed Aircurve 10 and can look at all the data under one single profile.  So you can use two machines and get a single report, even if the machines are different models or manufacturers.  

If you choose to buy, out of pocket, a new Resmed Aircurve 10 Autoset is available for $589 for Model 37207.  I prefer the Autoset for its faster response to events and use of bilevel exhale relief.  The Dreamstation Auto is essentially the same machine you have now.  You can find the former Amazon seller "Sistemma" who provided excellent prices and services and is an authorized reseller that provides a 2-year warranty, by searching "Get in Shape Ecrater CPAP".

I believe it was meant to be said a Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.