Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need some definition help
Need some definition help
I was able to get SleepHead to give me some results of my first night with my P&K Icon.
Here are initial stats:
AHI 3.01
Flow Limit index 3.42
Hours per night 7.18
Pressure 8 (my set machine pressure)
Average total leaks 22.55
95 percent total leaks 33.00

Also

Hyponea 1.78
Obstructive 1.23

From what I read the AHI falls into the normal catagory (<5) Most of the rest (with the exception of pressure) is Greek to me. Don't know if it's good, bad or whatever. I do know the first night wasn't especially restful but I figured there is going to be a period of adjustment. Any help of some of the figures would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need some definition help
(06-07-2013, 01:55 PM)Zorki1c Wrote: I was able to get SleepHead to give me some results of my first night with my P&K Icon.
Here are initial stats:
AHI 3.01
Flow Limit index 3.42
Hours per night 7.18
Pressure 8 (my set machine pressure)
Average total leaks 22.55
95 percent total leaks 33.00

Also

Hyponea 1.78
Obstructive 1.23

From what I read the AHI falls into the normal catagory (<5) Most of the rest (with the exception of pressure) is Greek to me. Don't know if it's good, bad or whatever. I do know the first night wasn't especially restful but I figured there is going to be a period of adjustment. Any help of some of the figures would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm not really able to explain everything to you but try this Link.

There will be other members drop by with help for you.

Bompa Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
You want the AHI to stay below 5.

Not sure how the Icon represents the leak rate (total or unintentional) so check the manual on that one.

I've never gotten Flow Limit figured out so instead I view the data graph and know what is normal for me and what is not. Flow limit is the narrowing of the airway. Big wide graph means the airway was fairly open. Where the graph narrows, so did my airway. I think. LOL

Hypopnea is included in the AHI (apnea events plus hypopnea events divided by the number of hours). But it is good to know how many of each you had and how long they lasted. An event is not logged unless it lasts more than 10 seconds.

Here's some other reading material for you:
acronyms/abbreviations - http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms
glossary - http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...efinitions
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, all
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Definition of Flow Limitation and Flow Limit wesozzzz 12 5,471 05-10-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Category Definition Requested clownbell 2 576 05-08-2021, 05:52 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  Request for definition clownbell 5 729 04-02-2021, 08:05 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Clear Airway definition spiral_15 22 63,605 09-22-2017, 10:08 AM
Last Post: J Duffy
  definition of leaking gwenc 4 1,631 05-09-2017, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Gideon
Question [Equipment] Definition of ventilator PoolQ 18 3,213 04-17-2016, 01:49 AM
Last Post: PoolQ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.