Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Ticareglor (Brilique) and explosion of apneas with APAP
Ticareglor (Brilique) and explosion of apneas with APAP
Just been started on Ticareglor (Brilique) for angina.
I had an average of 1 apnea per hour on my APAP. After one day of Ticareglor my apneas jumped to 17 per hour and periodic breathing was 40%.
Has anybody else had this kind of experience?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ticareglor (Brilique) and explosion of apneas with APAP
Post your chart please. Let's see if we can eliminate other issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some early studies raised the possibility of an association between ticagrelor (note spelling) and central sleep apnea and also Cheyne Stokes respiration. More recent studies say no association. but the history of this concern might be worth keeping in mind. This certainly does not mean it is what is happening in your case and there may be other issues related to your sleep that are causing the higher apnea rate that you are seeing. But I mention this so that you are aware, in case you weren't already, and continue to monitor your data and seek a physician's input if this pattern continues or if you have any other concerns related to your sleep or your medications.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply.

I was diagnosed with unstable angina by a cardiologist on Tuesday and put on ticagrelor. The side effect was dyspnea. It was worse at night. I also have asthma and had the feeling I was choking when lying down.

On Thursday a local teaching hospital performed an angioplasty through my wrist, but they saw no reason to place any stents. The diagnosis was wrong.  
I do not have unstable angina and therefore do not have to take the ticagrelor any more. 
The dyspnea is much better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2021, 11:38 AM)Beauchard Wrote: Thanks for your reply.

I was diagnosed with unstable angina by a cardiologist on Tuesday and put on ticagrelor. The side effect was dyspnea. It was worse at night. I also have asthma and had the feeling I was choking when lying down.

On Thursday a local teaching hospital performed an angioplasty through my wrist, but they saw no reason to place any stents. The diagnosis was wrong.  
I do not have unstable angina and therefore do not have to take the ticagrelor any more. 
The dyspnea is much better.
Hang in there.  Sounds like you had a rough bit there.  Keep us updated.  Glad you are better.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
My husband had mi and stents placed.  Ahi prior to this ranged 2 -5 obstructive.  Immediately after central sleep apnea ( mostly) 30 -40’s appeared.  Sleep study showed 55 central events. Switched ticagrelor to a different drug.  Drop in ahi to 10-20s within 2 weeks.  Now in single digits with occasional 20.  Trying to sort that out now.  Yes, beware of ticagrelor and central sleep apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 540 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 855 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 364 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 303 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 562 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.