Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need some help with a few things please
RE: Need some help with a few things please
(02-05-2023, 09:03 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Weegie,
I can't say for sure, but when you lay on your back, it would be natural for the soft tissue in your throat to fall back and thus cause some snoring.  Also, be sure if on your back that your head/neck is not tilting forward into your chest, which we call chin tucking.  This effectively cuts off your air supply.  Think of kinking up a hose.

Also, think of your bed pillows.  Do you use more than one?  This can cause chin tucking too by pushing your head forward.  The best practice is to try and sleep on your side as much as possible.  

Dry mouth indicates you may be mouth breathing, or you simply need more humidity.

Thanks for the reply! I use a Sleep Number pillow that is like a half moon on the side that I sleep on so I can "tuck" my shoulder under when side sleeping. But sometimes I end up on my back and that's when these silly noises occur lol!

I have the humidifier set on "Auto", about a week ago or more I set it on 1 to get some more humidity but then it caused rainout and I had those popping noises which my wife says "it sounds like you are making popcorn" lol, so I put it back on Auto and they stopped.

I will mention all of this to them tomorrow, thank you VERY MUCH for your help!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I just got back from the place to check my CPAP, I told him all that has been going on in my life and he said to me "I don't think it's from that (CPAP). Let me ask you, did you have Covid?" and I told him I did 3 months ago and he said "bingo, that's probably it" and told me that he has had Covid FOUR times and the first time he had it he had the same thing after it, tightness in the chest and a breathless feeling and said it took him almost a year to have that go away, so I'm only 3 months into it! He did a scan and said the numbers were "phenomenol" and when I asked about lowering the pressure ceiling he said that I average 8.5, the highest I've ever been has been 9.0, and said "we could lower it but if you need more air you won't get it", so we agreed to let it where it is at. I said I didn't want to do something and make it worse, then I'd have to wait another two weeks for an appointmnet and he said "you really don't need an appointment for this, they shouldn't tell you that" which I didn't care to hear as I could've taken it down weeks ago, but anyhow this is what we did, and I DID suspect Covid and even discussed it with my family doctor 10 days ago and he said "It could be, we really still don't know much about it", so like he said I'll just give it more time, but that's the story!

THANK YOU for the help, I hope this corrects itself and soon but at least I know the numbers were really good so that is good!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I'm glad it's been clarified you don't need an appointment for tweaks to your settings! I'm sorry to think you may be suffering the aftereffects of Covid, but if you and your doctor have discussed that, and if the doctor thinks "wait and watch" is the best approach, then at least you know where you are. I really hope you'll be feeling better soon!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2023, 05:39 PM)Dormeo Wrote: Well, I'm glad it's been clarified you don't need an appointment for tweaks to your settings!  I'm sorry to think you may be suffering the aftereffects of Covid, but if you and your doctor have discussed that, and if the doctor thinks "wait and watch" is the best approach, then at least you know where you are.  I really hope you'll be feeling better soon!

Thanks! It's not horrible, more of a nusiance thing I guess, but it was quite anxiety provoking, if indeed this is what it is, but he right away spoke about him and his similiar issues so I'm sure it holds water. And it is improving, and with time I would think will go away, time will tell I guess.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 53 919 5 hours ago
Last Post: SheShells23
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 590 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR expert needed - out of things to try.... pezhead99 20 1,479 09-25-2023, 04:51 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Things Going Well on Paper, Symptoms Remain cpapnewbie18 1 437 03-07-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: jeffpack1957
  [Treatment] Five months in, things still aren't much better manacles 11 1,212 12-01-2022, 12:14 PM
Last Post: manacles
  Things Have Changed in the Last 10 Years... columbo 6 913 01-03-2022, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
Idea [Diagnosis] Sleep Study - what do some of these things mean? SnoringTyger 11 1,381 12-20-2021, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Geer1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.