Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need suggestions [controlling leaks]
Need suggestions [controlling leaks]
I have been dealing with large leaks that I believe are caused by mouth breathing. So I have been in search a way to eliminate them. I thought I was having success with the cervical collar but I am not so sure.

I have been using the Airfit P10 as a mask .
Need some suggestions.

John M
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need suggestions
I'll give an initial opinion, and then both of us should wait for the educated one to be posted by someone who will actually...you know...know!

You seem to have done pretty well for the first almost hour, in the second attachment, until the wheels fell off.   Could it be that you rolled either onto your back or onto your 'bad side'?
Post Reply Post Reply
Repost of Aug 30 showing cheyne stokes breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have a number of issues. This machine is not right for you the CA's are too high even with EPR off, I think an ASV machine will be required,

also the mouth breathing is an issue, have you tried a full face mask they arn't as bad as all that
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 for full face mask
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need suggestions [controlling leaks]
I had the very same mouth breathing issue with a nasal mask and was using a chinstrap and also tape - I was very reticent to try a cervical pillow so you're one step ahead of me.

The issue with me was me being able to mouth breath outside the confines of the pressure envelope, once I got a FFM that was big enough to allow my mouth to open slightly within the confines of the mask, i.e. didn't breath out the bottom then this and a cervical pillow worked wonders on this part of my therapy.

I'd strongly suggest you try to find a FFM that works for you.

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree about the machine. You need to talk to your Doctor about all the CA events your having. In the mean time I'd probably set the maximum pressure to 8cm. That should help at least prevent some of the leaks from pressure.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for all your suggestions. I have been using cpap therapy for over ten years and have had problems with mouth breathing on and off. I have tried FF masks, head bands, Mouth guards, tongue retainers, you name it.  I went back to using tape last night and I have posted those results. I took the tape off about 6am and after that the leaks returned. 

I believe the CA events are new in the last couple of years. Thanks to fellow member  waldo1945  I have found an inexpensive used Resmed S9 ASV. Looking forward to seeing the results of that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giving up Evora, need suggestions PaulaO2 0 21 1 hour ago
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Looking for suggestions chzuck 31 538 04-13-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: chzuck
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 443 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 172 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 353 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 141 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 3,094 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.