Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need support
Need support
I am so frustrated.  I was doing so well for years.  The only thing that has changed is a new antideptessant. Now When I get in deep sleep I have uncontrollable mouth breathing.  I have tried the tongue trick, taping, soft cervical collar, a chin strap.  I do all these things together.  I really don't want a full face mask.  Looks like that is my next step.  Thanks for listening,  I just needed to vent.
I never thought it would be possible to mouth breathe while your mouth is taped?
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need support
Quote: I really don't want a full face mask.

Why not? An FFM will overcome your problem without all the bother you're going through. Just slip it on and breathe away.

On a serious note, I really worry about people taping their mouth shut - and especially if they're doing a combination of chin strap and taping (and in your case a collar as well). I fear that one day one of our members is going to wake up dead with all this stuff on their face.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with DB. It sure can't hurt to have a FFM available, and it's possible your ability to sleep with nasal pillows will return. Meanwhile, you don't need another stress, and a full face is the obvious solution.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You guys are right.  I am going to start my full face journey today.  Maybe the amara view?  Got to do my research, or maybe that does not matter as much as trial and error.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW I think the Amara View is great. I was just moved to a new machine via a new DME and selected the AirFit F20. Still have the A V though. Personally I like options. And with masks, as long as they work for you, the more the better. Well, as long as money is no concern. BTW the A V is small overall compared to about any other FFM out there. I could wear it with glasses.

Dave B.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Amara View would be my choice if and when I ever need a FFM. It does take some adjusting. See this thread:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Amara-View-Mask

Hang in there and definitely let us know how you do.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi readyforsleep,
It took me a long time to come to grips with using a full-face mask, (FFM.) I finally did though, and haven’t looked back.
Good luck finding a mask that works well for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I am reading alot on the forum about the Airtouch.   There is even an airtouch for Her.  Any thoughts from the women out there?
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh ReadyforSleep - I so understand not wanting a FFM.  I fought against it for 2 years.  I was using nasal pillows with head strap, - even ordered the one that was like a surgeons OR cap with velcro chin strap, that did not work... tried taping my mouth shut too.  I hated that part.  Finally, someone suggested the Amara View mask.  It is really comfortable - in fact if it is to tight it won't seal right. , I can still read in bed and roll side to side and all that insanity we do at night.  
you know, try it - you can always go back to the current, but will never know if you don't try it out.  It is so nice to not have to worry about the cap, and tape and strap.  
carol
Post Reply Post Reply
I went to a FFM for a while due to lip leaking. It was an interesting process. Big Grin I am back to using the nasal pillows and may someday have to go back to the FFM due to lip leaking again. But that's okay.

I tried several but use the Simplus. It helps that my DME let me trial them.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...n-with-FFM
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,431 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 652 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 451 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Lowenstein prima 25s support ? cbow48 6 712 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Macka
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 305 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Pressure Support David Clark 23 1,757 01-08-2024, 04:01 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Hank68 Treatment Thread - Seeking Help and Support Please! Hank68 20 1,144 01-07-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Hank68

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.