Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need to Move FlashPap to Another Computer
Need to Move FlashPap to Another Computer
I’m going to have surgery that will prevent me from climbing the stairs to my home office where my PC is located for at least a month. SleepyHead is installed on my laptop, I’ve transferred the SleepyHead directory from my PC, and can see all my data on the laptop.

Now I need FlashPap on the laptop. Since it does not install in the windows program directory (In my case I just left it on my desktop) it seems the simplest way to make the change is to copy the FlashPap folder from my PC to the laptop and then edit the SleepDataApp= and Destination= pathways in the user profile. The other lines in the user profile do not appear to be computer specific.

The other files in the FlashPap folder, the shortcut, the two icon files, the executable, the readme, and version, do not appear to be computer specific so it seems this approach should work.

I will be moving it from a Windows 10 machine to a Windows 7 machine. I don’t recall that the original setup asked for the Windows version. If the executable program is the same for both operating systems it seems there should be no problem.

Am I missing something?  I still have the zipped FlashPap download to do an install on the laptop if that’s preferable.

Thanks Thanks
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need to Move FlashPap to Another Computer
It runs on java so that would be the only requirement that your windows 7 machine have.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I forgot about Java. Laugh-a-lot
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well....what I thought would be fairly easy hasn't been. I'm almost there. SleepyHead is installed on my laptop and I have all of the data up to the night before last in the SleepyHead data folder (or at least did as you will see below).

I'm stuck on getting the FlashPap to sleepyHead connection working.

I can scan my card and transfer the data to my FlashPap Data Log folder. I checked and it's there. When I press "Exit and Run Sleep Tracking Software" FlashPap closes and SleepyHead starts. So far so good, it seems FlashPap is working.

But when I click on the CPAP Importer in SleepyHead I don't get the usual message that it's found data from my Resmed machine. I just see the green bar showing the transfer of data after which I get a dialog box titled "Find a Directory" that shows the contents of the SleepyHead program folder.

Also, SleepyHead doesn’t seem to have the date right. It says “The last time you used your ResMed AutoSet...was yesterday (on Monday, June 26, 2017)…..” but today is June 28. Usually if I skip a night it says “two days ago”. The time and date on my laptop are correct.

The last thing I tried was a data rebuild. After that I lost all but the summary data for June 26 and the AHI value was different.I checked several earlier dates and they are OK. Fortunately I still have it all on my other computers. So after the data rebuild I wnrt through the whole process again and ended up with the “Find a Directory” dialog box ion SleepyHead”.

Any ideas? I’m stumped. Dont-know
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
What happens when you close out Flashpap without using Exit and Run Sleep Tracking Software and then starting sleepyhead from icon? Reason I ask is because java doesn't really exit when you use "exit and run." The java runtime is still open. Although I have never experienced file corruption that way it is possible.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead needs to know the path to your FlashPAP import files... in my case it's C:\FlashPAP\Rich
Your User Profile is in the Sleepyhead data folder ( C:\Users\Rich\Documents\SleepyHeadData\Profiles )
Once you get to the main menu and hit "Import", it may or may not pause on the "Specify Folder" screen... some mornings mine goes straight to the next screen and other times it delays (my bar is pink).

After selecting the FlashPAP data folder, mine often pauses for quite a while with the green bar at anywhere from 95-99%

Since this is a new installation (and it appears the data may be corrupted), I would blow out the current Sleepyhead data and run a fresh import from FlashPAP, then import and go relax in the tub while it does its thing.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2017, 08:23 PM)AlanE Wrote: What happens when you close out Flashpap without using Exit and Run Sleep Tracking Software and then starting sleepyhead from icon? Reason I ask is because java doesn't really exit when you use "exit and run." The java runtime is still open. Although I have never experienced file corruption that way it is possible.
Same thing happens
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2017, 10:01 PM)CB91710 Wrote: Since this is a new installation (and it appears the data may be corrupted), I would blow out the current Sleepyhead data and run a fresh import from FlashPAP, then import and go relax in the tub while it does its thing.

Unfortunately I can't do that and have all my data on the laptop. Last week I had to reformat my FlashAire card, restore the SD_WLAN folder from a backup, and let my machine reconfigure it. So I only have 5 days of data on the card. It still worked fine for the nights of June 25 and June 26 but that was on my PC that I've been using since I started using SleepyHead in early February.

The only way to get the complete data log to the laptop is to copy it from the PC.

The path to my FlashPAP import files is C\:\\Users\\Mel\\Desktop\\FlashPAP\\Melman Data. I guess I need to get that into SleepyHead file but don't know how or where. I don't recall havingrto do that when I installed FlashPap on the PC. It seemed it happened automatically.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
What CB91710 said!

As far as I understand Flashpap it simply simulates the clicks you would do as an user in SleepyHead. SleepyHead remembers the last location it imported from. If you hit import in SH it checks for a SD-Card and also checks the last import location. If it finds a valid data structure in any of these it asks you if you want to import from there.

As you had a "clean" install of SH and copied some data it does not know where you want to import from.

Copy your SH-Data-Folder over once again (completely!) - import once manually(!) in SleepyHead from your flashpap-folder.
Next day it should work directly from Flashpap as you are used to.

BTW: sleepyhead also has an option for auto-import and a skip-user-selection-option ... so it can do that just by starting it. (you might not want to let flashpap simulate the clicks while SH is auto-importing^^ ... might result in garbage^^)
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2017, 03:09 AM)TBMx Wrote: Copy your SH-Data-Folder over once again (completely!) - import once manually(!) in SleepyHead from your flashpap-folder.
Next day it should work directly from Flashpap as you are used to.

Thanks for the suggestion. Thanks But I don't know how to do a manual import from my flashpap folder. Could you please explain how that is done. Dont-know
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 232 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Exclaimation Import CSV from computer KK7X 2 546 10-29-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: KK7X
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,909 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  Coexistence of software versions on the same pc computer Dzidzia 2 556 07-31-2023, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Dzidzia
  FlashPAP / OSCAR Initial Setup - Setup Instructions Wizard99 4 1,130 06-08-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Wizard99
Question MADE USER NAME CHANGE TO MY COMPUTER: NEED HELP WITH OSCAR ERROR MESSAGE Plmnb 8 901 04-08-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Running 2 Oscar on same computer DanEm 8 720 01-20-2023, 06:08 PM
Last Post: DanEm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.