Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need to replace equipment
Need to replace equipment
I use the ResMed s10. Bought and brought from US for less than half the price I would pay in Australia.
My query relates to the advertised requirement to replace masks (pillow), water tubs etc evry 3 to 6 months. Is this realyy necessary if everthing seems to be working OK?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need to replace equipment
(03-21-2015, 06:55 AM)lewisag Wrote: I use the ResMed s10. Bought and brought from US for less than half the price I would pay in Australia.
My query relates to the advertised requirement to replace masks (pillow), water tubs etc evry 3 to 6 months. Is this realyy necessary if everthing seems to be working OK?

Hi lewisag,
I don't know about an "advertised requirement" to replace pillows, masks, hoses etc., but it's just basic hygiene. Mask parts do wear out after continued use.
I hope you are at least washing these items frequently. It's just a good idea to have spare parts on hand in case something goes wrong like a leak in you hose.
Smile
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lewisag, welcome, our insurance doesn't cover accessories and as you have found out it is around half the price buying from the U.S. over the net. Those figures are really for U.S. Users that are covered by insurance. I have had my Resmed S9 for nearly 5 years, have never changed the hose or humidifier, change the filters about every 6 months and I use a full face mask and have changed it twice in that time. Nasal pillows maybe a bit different. A friend of mine has had his over 10 years and never changed a thing. It all comes down to maintaining the equipment and personal preference. Unfortunately our population is not big enough to allow for changes that often and our suppliers are profit hungry. Good luck with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello and welcome to the board. You can possibly buy replacement parts from online dealers for a fraction of the cost the purchasing from a brick and mortar dealer.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry it costs you all so much for supplies. I've had great luck with supplier 18 on the list. I'm not sure how out of the country would be, but their customer service rocks! Good luck with your therapy!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi lewisag, WELCOME! to the forum.!
I have had great success with Suppliers #1 and #18 on the suppliers list, here on the board.
It's probably a good idea to change your mask, hose and filters every so often.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 86 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] Best place to buy cpap equipment in Dubai or UAE Foxhunt 6 546 02-14-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Macka
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 375 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 245 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Successful equipment modification tcurran 8 552 01-05-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  hammer44 - ASV Therapy Equipment Question hammer44 11 601 01-01-2024, 01:47 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 578 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.