Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need your help. I have forgotten the rubber seal of the humidifier airsense 10!
Need your help. I have forgotten the rubber seal of the humidifier airsense 10!
Hello all,
I am on leave for a week but forgot to take the seal/gasket of my humidifier (the smal rubber piece inside which seals it from outside)
I have a resmed airsense 10. 

So when I switch it on. It stops after few secs and displays a message the big leak.

I am in the middle of nowhere and have ways to buy it.
Is there any way to do without this piece? Any quick fix?

Thanks... :-(
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need your help. I have forgotten the rubber seal of the humidifier airsense 10!
Go onto Amazon and buy a replacement tub and get it shipped next day or find a local DME who can sell you a replacement tub they are consumable and no prescription should be required
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need your help. I have forgotten the rubber seal of the humidifier airsense 10!
Quick fix, electrical tape wrapped round a few times on the outside of the joint.
Do not overfill the tub.
Trickle fill through the vent that slopes inwards,  That is what I would try.
Then order one from Amazon with next day delivery to where you are.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
A new humidifier tub is about $18 on Amazon. The suggestion to seal the lid to the lower chamber with tape will work, but be careful, because the seal also diverts any water away from the flow generator. Good luck.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 763 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 333 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 353 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,160 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.