Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone using Breeze SleepGear mask?
Anyone using Breeze SleepGear mask?
I toss and turn A LOT. I also sleep on my side and stomach. This mask looks like it might solve the problems I've had with other masks if it will stay on. Anyone else using it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone using Breeze SleepGear mask?
I used to use it for many years. The Breeze is an excellent mask and is good for side sleepers but awful for back sleepers. That hard headgear gets pushed when on your back. The Breeze has been around for a very, very long time.

The biggest problem with the Breeze is the cyclone of noisy air that comes out of the vent. It truly is loud. If it is your first mask, you may not think it is that bad. But then you'll try another one later and you'll wonder if it is working right because you cannot hear it.

Any pillows mask that has a hose coming out the front and can rotate will work for side sleepers. That way you can route the hose to where ever you need it to be, even up over to the top of your head. Many pillows masks' headgear have a loop to hold the hose there already. Such as the Nuance. Avoid a mask where the hose comes out the side, like the Swift II.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2016, 06:38 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I used to use it for many years. The Breeze is an excellent mask and is good for side sleepers but awful for back sleepers. That hard headgear gets pushed when on your back. The Breeze has been around for a very, very long time.

The biggest problem with the Breeze is the cyclone of noisy air that comes out of the vent. It truly is loud. If it is your first mask, you may not think it is that bad. But then you'll try another one later and you'll wonder if it is working right because you cannot hear it.

Any pillows mask that has a hose coming out the front and can rotate will work for side sleepers. That way you can route the hose to where ever you need it to be, even up over to the top of your head. Many pillows masks' headgear have a loop to hold the hose there already. Such as the Nuance. Avoid a mask where the hose comes out the side, like the Swift II.

I'm using a DreamWear right now and laying on my side causes it to unseat. I move all over during the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you tolerate nasal therapy, don't give it up. A conventional nasal pillows mask will stay in place better because of the shape that mates with your nose better. Those pillows are not prongs, they just use the natural shape of the nose to hold the interface in place. If you're buying out of pocket, the Resmed Airfit P10 is only $68 on Amazon. If you have full coverage, request a change. There are several other models that have even more robust headgear, but the minimal design of the P10 and diffusion of exhaust air that does not blow on you or your bed warmer, is nice.

The point is, try something else. Most masks can be exchanged for 30 days if it's not working out. If you're on your own dime, I just gave you a great lead.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,485 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,173 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,679 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,088 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,421 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,822 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,518 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.