Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Negative numbers?
Negative numbers?
OK - I thought I was getting a handle on things, until I got the data of my wifes SD card this morning - I just can't figure out it is possible to get a negative number for the AHI (-.04) and for the 95% leaks (1.20) - the rest all looks normal, I am also unable to get any of the detail info from the card like I can mine, do the S9 and S8 handle the information differently? All I get is a no data message when I look at anything other than the statistics for any day.

Scott
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Negative numbers?
Scott -

Are you reading the AHI from the machine's screen or via SleepyHead?

Negative AHI doesn't sound right to me. If it's in SleepyHead, that might be a software bug.

Anyone else experience this or have ideas?
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2012, 12:45 PM)w7sot Wrote: I just can't figure out it is possible to get a negative number for the AHI (-.04) and for the 95% leaks (1.20) - the rest all looks normal,

I've noticed differences between the AHI calculated by SleepyHead and by my PRS1 machine. The differences are always small, less than 0.1. The -0.04 looks like some kind of round off error. I wouldn't worry about it, but I'd be curious to take a look at the OA, CA, and HY indices. Somehow those three numbers had to add up to -0.04, so at least one of them has to be negative. That's just not possible, so perhaps it's some kind of round-off error.

Is the leak rate of 1.20 the unintentional leak? If so, that's normal.

Quote:I am also unable to get any of the detail info from the card like I can mine, do the S9 and S8 handle the information differently? All I get is a no data message when I look at anything other than the statistics for any day.

Don't know. That's something you might ask over on the SourceForge page for SleepyHead.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead is not compatible with the S8 yet, ResScan works for both machines. See the charts for the comparison
http://www.resmed.com/us/products/s9_ser...nc=dealers
Post Reply Post Reply
Ya, that is what I thinking, is that it just some kind of error - the machine has ran for almost a month with no card - unplugged it tonight, to make sure everything is reset, and will what things show in the morning.

I can't for the life of figure out how to get the machine to tell my AHI on the screen - no problem on my S9 autoset, but she has the S9 Escape - so only have what sleepyhead is telling me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2012, 02:39 AM)w7sot Wrote: I can't for the life of figure out how to get the machine to tell my AHI on the screen - no problem on my S9 autoset, but she has the S9 Escape - so only have what sleepyhead is telling me.
The S9 Escape don,t tell you any efficacy data just compliance data hours use and nothing else on the machine or SD card.
The SD card need to be in the AutoSet while using it to get the high resolution detailed data on the SD card
http://www.resmed.com/us/products/s9_ser...nc=dealers

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2012, 02:39 AM)w7sot Wrote: but she has the S9 Escape - so only have what sleepyhead is telling me.

And that's not much. The Escape is a brick - it can't measure your AHI, leak rate, or anything other than how much time you spend using it.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2012, 09:37 AM)Sleepster Wrote:
(06-01-2012, 02:39 AM)w7sot Wrote: but she has the S9 Escape - so only have what sleepyhead is telling me.

And that's not much. The Escape is a brick - it can't measure your AHI, leak rate, or anything other than how much time you spend using it.

so maybe that is the issue - since the escape does not actually keep track of the data that sleepyhead is asking for - the data that the program does report is just going to be whatever it puts in their.

So with the S9 escape - their is now to track how efficiently the machine is actually working like you can with the S9 Autoset? Man, sure glad the sleep doc insisted on the autoset for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
All the Autoset Escape and the Escape records is compliance data. As in the hours used.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2012, 03:31 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: All the Autoset Escape and the Escape records is compliance data. As in the hours used.
Those names are really confusing, there is no Autoset Escape just Escape Auto and it does record AHI but no breakdown and no leak or central apnea detection Apology-2

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 115 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 352 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 603 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Negative for OSA - Would love some advice duude 2 379 11-29-2023, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,016 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Numbers are better but I feel worse LikeaGlove90 2 509 09-24-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
  [Health] Negative/Adverse Reaction to BiPAP Need Help zuriaki 21 1,461 09-18-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.