NeilMed NasoGel drip free Gel Spray [copied from old forum]
SuperSleeper Offline

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Sex: Male

NeilMed NasoGel drip free Gel Spray [copied from old forum]
HeadGear Wrote:5
For nasal mask users, stuffiness and congestion are a bane! I am referring to a dry stuffiness which sometimes strikes at bedtime or in the middle of the night! There are times I have resorted to Otrivin type spray to clear the nasal airway. Problem is if used too frequently, that type of spray leads to "rebound" ineffectiveness. I have also tried saline based nasal sprays which do not help. So, I have come to a NeilMed product, NasoGel Drip Free Gel Spray. NeilMed should be a familiar name to those who practice nasal irrigation! The NasoGel comes in a pumper bottle, 1 1/2 oz, and is indeed a drip free gel solution which contains a proprietary ingredient, Sodium Hyaluronate, along with salt, bicarbonate, aloe and a variety of water based gel forming substances. On the label, it suggests that this product is for CPAP users, among others suffering dry noses (to the point of congestion in my case.) I find that one injection in each nostril, at bedtime, has entirely banned the stuffiness problem, waking up and not getting back to sleep, because of inability to nose breathe. The cost is modest. A pumper bottle retails at $10 but may be on sale for $7.
02-17-2012 11:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Aromatherapy for CPAP [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 9 6,433 11-16-2014 06:37 AM
Last Post: lab rat
  The Contour CPAP Pillow [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 6 7,541 12-17-2013 05:49 PM
Last Post: PsychoMike
  Sleep Number Bed; Perfect CPAP companion! [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 5 9,186 07-22-2012 03:51 PM
Last Post: Bobmac27
  ResMed 12/24 volt DC Converter for S9 Series Machines [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 3 16,227 05-23-2012 09:33 AM
Last Post: TorontoCPAPguy
Information How to Review a Product in this forum SuperSleeper 0 5,210 02-20-2012 09:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Seatec SleepTight Chinstrap [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 0 3,006 02-17-2012 11:45 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper