Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Neilmeister's thread of...threadness
Neilmeister's thread of...threadness
Yes, this is apparently MY thread.....for my to put out some details about ME.

Started my CPAP a month ago, but it was on a rental machine and I didn't have an SD card reader (jeez, who uses SD cards these days?)

Wife complaining about me snoring and my dentist urging, I had a sleep study.  Original diagnosis had me on an AHI of 51..... which meant nothing to me at all.  OK.... I have now looked it up and now know I am apparently dying. 

In all seriousness..... its going quite well, and I have trawled these forums a bit....so I thought I may as well start a thread, dedicated to me.  :-)

Nasal cushion (N30i) for the win..... after trying several different masks/types the nasal cushion seems to hold up and I can sleep with this bad boy without noticing too much.

OSCAR screenshot attached.... I suspect I need to raise my minimum pressure...but it does make it easier, and my AHI seems OK.....any thoughts/opinions/criticisms?

ps...Oh, and thank you to anyone who opens this thread....I really appreciate it, even if my pithy opening makes me sound like a smug git (which I am not trying to deny ;-) )

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Neilmeister's thread of...threadness
Welcome to the forum.
Not bad, your AHI is good, a couple minor tweaks with a focus on comfort.
Your min pressure is low. Any time we see 4 we very strongly suspect that your settings are not optimized. Your AutoSet is going to about (med)7,5 so set your min to 7.
Your pressure fluctuates more than I'd like to see. If you look at your pressure and Flow Limit charts you will see a high degree of correlation. This is because flow Limits are a major driver of pressure. The fix for this is to implement a comfort feature, which hAs a very significant therapeutic benefit, EPR. Set EPR to 2, fulltime. This is part of the reason for increasing the min pressure to 7, to give EPR room to work. This will reduce your flow Limits and thus your pressure flucuations.
This means your AutoSet will start with an inhale pressure of 7 (easier inhale), and an exhale pressure of 5 (easier exhale)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Gideon, I will set my minimum pressure to 7....and try to figure out how to change my EPR to 2....it will be a good exercise for me :-)

Ohh, and I love OSCAR....well done. I am an old C/C++ dev so can assist in whatever capacity.
Post Reply Post Reply
Would you like to take on some development tasks? If so PM me. We can always use some help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,577 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 532 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 231 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.