Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New 2 CPAP - Wrong diagnosis?
RE: New 2 CPAP - Wrong diagnosis?
(06-26-2018, 01:43 AM)tiredPerson Wrote: I sometimes take a melatonin. Occasionally a benadryl but I don't like how it makes me feel. I have found benzos and antidepressants make me feel much much worse, I'll wake up totally disoriented. So I do not take those. 
I actually felt better the week before the CPAP, but my sleep issues have always been unpredictable usually. One day I will feel great, the next I will have a migraine for 8 hours and feel off balance. 
Health issues are still something I'm trying to figure out. I have high ANA and waiting to see rheumatologist, high blood pressure, and hormonal imbalance. 
I'll figure out the rest of this here in a min. 
I'm worried if I change my pressures and stuff my doctor will get upset or it might affect my insurance or something? I haven't met my compliance yet or anything and I'm not sure if this is my titration period? I really don't understand how this system works. I don't know what info he sees from the cloud.

Yes, some nights, like the night before last, my breathing is mostly normal, and then other times I have a cluster of CAs. I'll post that shortly.

See BOLD red Area above:

I'd not concern myself over it. They only look at usage IMO. Feel free to change whatever setting is needed to treat you better. I TOLD my Doc, DME, AND Insurance I will be editing my settings with understanding I learned here why I'm changing those settings. Crickets was the response AKA not one thing said.

The sooner you do change settings and fail to get better, the sooner you move on to BPAP and possibly ASV. Part of the process is going to rely on you stating often of the failed results. Note and verbalize all areas the CPAP is NOT helping you feel better. Told them once? OK great. Tell them again. Repeat until change is made. I not only say what I just told you as guesswork, I did just that to progress onto ASV.

Oh, and as others suggest, post the chart as indicated with the line graphs. The summary area is a supplement to the part you have posted earlier on. Skip it, you just posted before I sent this.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2018, 10:00 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:
(06-26-2018, 01:43 AM)tiredPerson Wrote: I sometimes take a melatonin. Occasionally a benadryl but I don't like how it makes me feel. I have found benzos and antidepressants make me feel much much worse, I'll wake up totally disoriented. So I do not take those. 
I actually felt better the week before the CPAP, but my sleep issues have always been unpredictable usually. One day I will feel great, the next I will have a migraine for 8 hours and feel off balance. 
Health issues are still something I'm trying to figure out. I have high ANA and waiting to see rheumatologist, high blood pressure, and hormonal imbalance. 
I'll figure out the rest of this here in a min. 
I'm worried if I change my pressures and stuff my doctor will get upset or it might affect my insurance or something? I haven't met my compliance yet or anything and I'm not sure if this is my titration period? I really don't understand how this system works. I don't know what info he sees from the cloud.

Yes, some nights, like the night before last, my breathing is mostly normal, and then other times I have a cluster of CAs. I'll post that shortly.

See BOLD red Area above:

I'd not concern myself over it. They only look at usage IMO. Feel free to change whatever setting is needed to treat you better. I TOLD my Doc, DME, AND Insurance I will be editing my settings with understanding I learned here why I'm changing those settings. Crickets was the response AKA not one thing said.

The sooner you do change settings and fail to get better, the sooner you move on to BPAP and possibly ASV. Part of the process is going to rely on you stating often of the failed results. Note and verbalize all areas the CPAP is NOT helping you feel better. Told them once? OK great. Tell them again. Repeat until change is made. I not only say what I just told you as guesswork, I did just that to progress onto ASV.

Oh, and as others suggest, post the chart as indicated with the line graphs. The summary area is a supplement to the part you have posted earlier on. Skip it, you just posted before I sent this.

Coffee

Ok, thank you. What do you make of my screenshots? Are they rather normal? In your opinion what is going on with me?
So you guys think I should turn both my pressures to 6 and turn my EPR to 1 or off?
Last night my AHI was 8.2. Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't make two changes at the same time do one or the other and see how it goes for a couple of nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree with jaswilliams. Let's take one change at a time. It's far easier to track the positive, negative, or nothing on treatment effects.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm gonna set my EPR to 1 tonight and get back in a few days. Thank you for the advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried several different pressures and EPR off 1, 2, 3 and the only thing that has dropped my AHI is to turn pressure to 8 and EPR to 3. My AHI droppped to 1.58! I had 8 CAs and nothing else.
At the other settings it was around 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
From the charts you posted, 10 or 11 would be the max pressure, but I would want to see the current charts before suggesting you change it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Correction: 1.57. This is excluding the time I was awake which is why it says 2.48. 
I guess I don't see why I'd increase my pressure when I hardly have issues with obstruction, if at all. With or without CPAP. But you guys are more experienced in this. 
To remind everyone, I never slept during my sleep study, at all. I told my Dr and he diagnosed me anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Diagnosis question Timlondonparis 3 182 03-18-2024, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Timlondonparis
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 720 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] Didn't know this existed. Hi! And diagnosis please smgemd 6 248 03-07-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 22 3,429 02-28-2024, 02:39 PM
Last Post: godiego
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 879 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
Question [Diagnosis] NEWBIE Looking for first diagnosis assistance Gothenburg85 5 344 02-16-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Gothenburg85

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.