Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New AHI Low but Didn't Feel That Great
New AHI Low but Didn't Feel That Great
The other night I had a record 0.24 total AHI in over 8 hours of sleep. Those 8 hours were broken twice for me to get up. I should have been feeling top of the world but I didn't. While I wasn't brain fogged I was weary most of the day. There was a period at the end of the night where I had a large mask leak and maybe this is why, I don't know.

The other night I had an AHI of around 5.0 and felt great all day, go figure. This has happened before

I've posted the SH results to see if anyone has any ideas for me. Do I now need to do some more tweaking of my settings? Is my flow rate OK? Is my leak rate dodgy? I'd love some feedback.

Having said all that, I am at the end of a very long and hard term here at school and this might also be where the tiredness comes from.

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/4943/sIwQm8.png

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New AHI Low but Didn't Feel That Great
G'day holden4th

Nothing really jumps out as unusual apart from that large leak episode, and I doubt if that would have caused your tiredness. There may have been other things happening which prevented you getting a sound sleep - I find that small mask leaks which don't show up in the stats can be disturbing.

Quote:Having said all that, I am at the end of a very long and hard term here at school and this might also be where the tiredness comes from.

You may well be right. As apneacs we tend to see everything that happens through the prism of apnea. But of course there is a whole world of things happening which can affect the way we feel.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 761 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 272 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] Didn't know this existed. Hi! And diagnosis please smgemd 6 218 03-07-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 941 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 834 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 772 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 315 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.