Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New AHI treatment goal ?
RE: New AHI treatment goal ?
(04-01-2016, 02:49 PM)Ed1101 Wrote: I see many post here that seem very concerned about their AHI < some number. It is very interesting for me as my profile shows I had severe apnea ( SS AHI of 83) However, I never showed symptoms like daytime sleepiness, etc. With my AHI now < less than 2.0 for past 14 days I feel no different. I am committed to the long term because of the unseen long term health issues. Should One be fixated on AHI of 5 or 10 or how one feels every day?

I am just starting, so the is purely opinion, but, I think you should not be obsessive over AHI, that is your doctors job. I think you should monitor yourself and work toward the best compromise of AHI, sleep quality, rested feeling, etc... Not work toward as in go over every detail every morning before you even have some coffee. But work toward as in periodically (weekly? monthly?) review your charts for any indications of changes or tweaks that may help. Maybe daily check the AHI and other summary type indicators to be sure nothing is going sideways.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
What I was told when I did my sleep study that an AHI uder 10 to 15 is only treated in the case of co-morbidity. However the list of co-morbids is quite lengthy. Perhaps it is a similar case.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2016, 02:49 PM)Ed1101 Wrote: I see many post here that seem very concerned about their AHI < some number. It is very interesting for me as my profile shows I had severe apnea ( SS AHI of 83) However, I never showed symptoms like daytime sleepiness, etc. With my AHI now < less than 2.0 for past 14 days I feel no different. I am committed to the long term because of the unseen long term health issues. Should One be fixated on AHI of 5 or 10 or how one feels every day?

ED
Did they check nocturnal desaturation (O2) ?
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 52 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 121 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 281 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 197 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,015 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 581 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.