Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New APAP Decisions to be made
RE: New APAP Decisions to be made
Snoopy, you don't mention which province you are in. Each province has its own rules for paying for machines. Ontario pays different amounts for CPAP and APAP machines, but has rules about who can get reimbursed for the APAP machine. Saskatchewan loans you a machine, but you have to give it back if you move out of province. And so forth...

I wouldn't hold my breath for IntelliPAP support in SleepyHead, as the lead programmer has his own health issues to deal with at the moment. There haven't been any new changes in several months.

Personally, I wouldn't want a machine that wasn't supported by SleepyHead. Most of the manufacturers' software is not as easy to use - often intended for a multi-patient clinic, instead of personal use.
Post Reply Post Reply
Intellipap DV54D review

The data that you get is good enough to tell you how you did in detail.  You will not be able to get down to the nitty gritty breath by breath events that take place.  
They can store "3 years of detail data" on a 1 GB SD card.   The data I see from my ResMED Aircurve is so far beyond what I see on my intellipap, well.  Even with sleepyhead.  (Sleepyhead is better than Intellipap.)

I have no problem with the therapy on the Intellipap and use it as my backup now but to determine where you want to take my therapy I'll take the ResMED hands down.  Look at the graphs in the review, they are as detailed as I can make them.  

That was the original DV5 machine.  The DV6 apparently uses the same software and there is no mention of upgrades, ok bluetooth and a smartlink app for the DV6, so I do not expect to see an improvement in the data detail.  What you get for graphs is much more limited than what you have for either Respironics or ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Kwhen,

I noticed in your profile you list both the DreamStation and the AirSense 10.

Any chance you could give a comparison, or post a review?

Which machine do you prefer at home vs when traveling?

Do you find any difference in your therapy?

Any difference noticed in SleepyHead between two machines?

Again, any hints, suggestions, heck even opinions are welcome.

THANKS
Post Reply Post Reply
Both machines are great. I use the Dreamstation most it works on 12 volt DC without effort.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for the responses.  They are making me think.

COmbe - I have to look into more of the SleepyHead software to start figuring out what it all means.

Trish - thanks for the welcome.

Mosquitobait - I will try to see if I can find out more about the detection algorithms, that may become the deciding factor.

pholynyk - I have updated my profile - A GTAer (Mississauga).  Can I ask what supplier you work with? (PM if necessary)
                  I popped into one place, and they were absolutely USELESS - I assume it was just the receptionist, but trying to get info was like pulling teeth.
                 Going to visit another place that I heard was good, but never hurts to know what experience others have had.

bonjour - Bonjour et Merci (don't read too much into that.. Kids are in French Immersion).  THANKS for the link to the review.  I need to work on understanding the data and interpreting it.

Again, thanks all for the responses.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 491 Yesterday, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 376 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,364 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  New APAP machine Robert Detz 0 83 03-13-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Robert Detz
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,108 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 550 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf
Gross [Diagnosis] Moved from APAP to BPAP and struggling Spicykielbasa 1 194 03-10-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Spicykielbasa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.