Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New APAP Decisions to be made
New APAP Decisions to be made
Hello Hose-Heads,

I am newly diagnosed and doing tons of reading/research.  I am located in the "Great White North" (Canada), so I get to choose who I work with.

I have read the Machine Choices thread, and searched the Reviews page, but have not found a specific reference to the Newer DeVilbiss IntelliPAP 2 APAP machine.  Hoping someone here can either do a review or at least discuss their experience.  I am continuing to read mask reviews and comparisons.  

I guess my machine decision comes down to the ResMed AirSence 10 AutoSet, Respironics DreamStation, and the DeVilbiss IntelliPAP 2, as they all seem to be good data loggers.  For all machines, will be including the Heated Humidifier.   Looking for more info on the DeVilbiss model.  Specifically how the "Pulse Dose" rainout prevention acutally works.  Also, is the data from the DeVilbiss accessible on teh SleepyHead software, or do I need to get the DeVilbiss Software?

As a 70% back sleeper, and 30% side sleeper, any hints on masks?  I know, have to try them out, but would other back sleepers route the tube up over the head like the Aloha or Opus 360 Nasal Pillow mask?

On to Masks:
As a non Mouth breather, I would like to try the Nasal Pillows, so figure looking to the AirFit P10/P20, Pilairio Q, Nuance Gel, Swift FX, Aloha, Opus 360.  Any general guidance other than try them out?  What about needing a swivel connection?  How about noise for my wife (at least she won't have to put up with my snoring)?

Similarly for Nasal Masks like Mirage SoftGel, AirFit N10/N20, Wisp, Eson 2.  Again general guidance (Noise, hose management, Swivel...)

I would like to get my research done this week, and get ASAP next week.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and guidance.

Hoping to be less sleepy...
Snoopy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New APAP Decisions to be made
The new DeVilbiss seems like a good machine, but is not supported by #Sleepyhead. For many of us, that is a non-starter. Several people here have that machine, and I haven't heard any complaints other than the software. If you have a choice, the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset is far and away the most effective device for most people I have seen. It is the fastest to respond in auto mode to obstructive cues, and the comfort features with a 3-cm exhale pressure relief that acts as bilevel is the most flexible.

For masks, resistance is futile, the Airfit P10 wins for comfort, lightness, quietness and diffused vent that won't blow on you or your wife (if applicable), or dog. The P20 appears it may have an adjustable headgear, but it is not yet available.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider for the quick response.

I would assume that the new unit would eventually get support in SleepyHead, but I will check out the SH s/w as well as do more research on what data the unit provides.

Thanks for the info on the ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply
What attracts you to the DeVilbiss machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
Pulse Dose idea - not needing heated tubing

Stackable water chamber and unit - almost same footprint, and should not be an issue sliding out tray.

The AirSense with side mount water - I suspect my night table will accumulate "stuff" and be in the way of getting the water chamber off.

Large display (in pictures) for my weakening eyes. Not sure what the data will look like, but the time should be readable. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Add a SD card with WiFi and it can be read from your computer without effort.  No need to look at a small screen. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
As others above have stated, the value of sleepyhead cannot be understated - its basically necessary for managing your treatment.   I personally have no experience with DeVilbiss machines, but I personally wouldn't venture out beyond Resmed or Philips.  I chose the Autoset originally over the dream station because it was more effective at treating my apnea for all the reasons sleeprider stated, and when I was switched to bipap I went with Resmed as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Snoopy.pa30,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't know much about the DeVilbiss machines to tell you anything.
I have had good luck with the Resmed brands of machines.
Good luck to you on your machine decision and also with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2017, 07:01 PM)C0mbe Wrote: As others above have stated, the value of sleepyhead cannot be understated - its basically necessary for managing your treatment.   I personally have no experience with DeVilbiss machines, but I personally wouldn't venture out beyond Resmed or Philips.  I chose the Autoset originally over the dream station because it was more effective at treating my apnea for all the reasons sleeprider stated, and when I was switched to bipap I went with Resmed as well.

Meant cannot be overstated, can't edit!  sleepyhead is the most valuable part of your therapy!
Post Reply Post Reply
My feeling is that you should only buy a machine that does not work with Sleepyhead as a backup-not your main machine. Monitoring your data to improve your sleep is very important and you can't do it from Devilbliss' software. As for the machine itself, I know 2 people who use the older version (the one that works with Sleepyhead) and they are very happy with their machine.

To quote another user (SleepRunner from 2013): "Turns out that the Intellipap uses snoring to detect upcoming apnea events (as opposed to using air flow in the S9)."

So, if you don't snore, the machine may not work for you as well as a Resmed or Phillips. I personally haven't tried Devilbliss yet, so have no comparison for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 369 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 571 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 429 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,416 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 586 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.