Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New APAP User Help
New APAP User Help
I recently did an at home sleep study  and was told that I have sleep apnea. They then told me that I would need to do another study this one costing me $3000+. After doing a lot of research I felt comfortable enough to just purchase an APAP machine myself. I purchased a Philips DreamStation 500 Auto with a Philips Respironics Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow.  My results have been mixed. For the most part however, I have felt a lot better than I was before. After using my DreamStation for about a month I downloaded the sleepyhead software and I'm trying to make sense of the data.  Any expert advice would be greatly appreciated![Image: BHVLSApl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New APAP User Help
Added a picture in the original post. Again, any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think if you move your min pressure to 9cm you'll get rid of a lot of those events.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
It's not too bad. If it was my chart and I had a philips, I would raise my minimum to 11 and see how it goes tonight. OR you could raise it 1cm at a time, depends how you want to do it.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow I feel like I'm at a auction. OK split the difference at go min 10.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I didn't see your post, I'm a slow typist Smile
but we both see that the pressure needed raising. I gave what I thought would work, with the option of building up to it. Some are spooked by nearly doubling the min pressure, at once.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 362 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 555 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,410 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 585 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.