Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New APAP user. Still. so. tired.
RE: New APAP user. Still. so. tired.
The increase he is suggesting is less that .5 increase - hardly any increase.  And he knows what he is doing, trust what he tells you. Smile
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh yes!  I absolutely trust Sleeprider's advice.  I just wasn't sure if that advice would change based on the fact that I was already using an EPR of 3 instead of 2 as originally thought.
Post Reply Post Reply
I saw you were using EPR 3, but the FL was still high. There is no where else to adjust except to try raising the min and max pressure as suggested.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mostly I was looking to increase minimum pressure a bit, and hope that resolves some OA events and may help with FL. I was disappointed that the flow limitation did not go lower, but the crazy fluctuations in pressure are tamed, and that has to help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gotcha.  Thanks again, everyone!!  I'll give the 12 max and 9 min pressures a try and see what happens tonight.  Fingers crossed!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think one of the bonuses of a ResMed is that pressures have more fractional steps at 0.2 vs others. I have seen it several times here with users that do a .2, .4 bump in pressure and it changes in a positive way. Do whatever suggestion Sleeprider gives. He has a lot of practice and skill behind suggestions.

Congrats on the success.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rough night.  I used a min of 9 and max of 12 and had a ton of large leaks for some reason.  Guess I'll try to tighten my mask a bit?  I didn't swallow air, so that's a plus!  But my FLs and OAs are stubborn.  I also feel like crap today...  Additional thoughts here?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Try the Wiki for mask adjusting. The thumbnail sketch how bonjour describes adjustments for masks are to lie back on the bed, without the straps hold mask in therapy position, and with the machine running therapy pressures, note what tension it felt like to hold the mask in place with minimal leaking. Now add the straps and adjust to equal the tension your fingers had to maintain to hold the mask. Try that and see how leaks are.

Use the link in either my signature or the one provided to access Mask Primer, a wiki article.

Mask primer address http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Prevention
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Argh, trying to get my pressures dialed in is driving me insane!  I've done a bit more experimenting with my Airsense set on CPAP vs. APAP with the EPR of 3.  I had one night where I seemed to sleep quite a bit better on the CPAP setting with a pressure of 12 and EPR of 3.  However, I still experienced obstructives, so I bumped my pressure up to 12.4 last night and slept worse again...  Can bumping the pressure up cause more events (that are not central apneas)?  Any advice on where to go from here?  I've posted the last 3 nights.  My first night on CPAP settings at 12.0 improved my flow rate quite a bit.  The next night I did the auto setting, and most of the way through the night got frustrated and changed it back to the CPAP setting.  On the third night, I used the CPAP setting and bumped my pressure up by .4 (to 12.4), and my flow limit worsened again.  Any help is much appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried the regular Auto mode either Standard or Soft? (Not the For Her Mode}
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 224 3 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Still tired and CA events liebano 1 41 6 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 66 Yesterday, 01:25 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 180 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,977 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 89 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 374 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.