Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New APAP user. Still. so. tired.
RE: New APAP user. Still. so. tired.
I haven’t. That’s a good idea! What are your thoughts on pressures I should try? I can’t seem to get to a pressure where my cpap doesn’t spend most of the time maxed.
Post Reply Post Reply
12 minimum, 18 maximum, EPR 3 Autoset Standard mode.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to you both!  I'm trying it tonight.  Fingers crossed!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep well!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SUCCESS!!!  Finally.  I switched to a nasal pillow last night and used Somnifix mouth tape.  I was SO much more comfortable than with my full face.  I also increased my min and max pressure (because the pressure felt so much different than with my full face, I went with 11 and 17 rather than 12 and 18, which appears to have worked!), and I changed from Autoset for Her to plain ol' Autoset.  My flow limit rate is practically non-existent (I can't believe it!), and finally I didn't spend the entire night maxed out!  I had a few centrals but not enough to worry about.  1.5 AHI.  YES!

I wanted to post my success results just to give everyone here credit for helping me finally get this thing dialed in.  I feel so much better today, and I'm so excited to see what a few weeks worth of sleep like this will do for my well-being.  THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU!!  I am so very grateful.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Good job!

Remember though, each night can be different. So don't be discouraged if it goes up or down a bit.

What you want to watch for is an increase in Obstructives, then raise the minimum a bit, or if the pressure is bumping to top pressure, raise the max. It doesn't have to be raised by 1cm, maybe a smaller increase. Sometimes, it doesn't take much to make a difference.

If CA's increase, then take the EPR to 2.

There's things you can try, but take it slow and give it time.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will certainly keep all of that in mind. Glad to have advice to go by if/when things do change. ?
Post Reply Post Reply
You can post another screenshot "anytime" here in this thread if you have questions.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
The new settings have cut flow limitations in half, and I'm certain this is more comfortable. I like that pressure fluctuates in a very low range, but is sufficient to resolve most of the obstructive events before they get going. Time will tell, but I don't think you will have a reemergence of the problems you had before, and the higher EPR is important to your comfort and efficacy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks very good to me. Given that you say it's good makes it rather easy to say it's a success. Congrats and now you graduate to the class of keep doing it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 226 4 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Still tired and CA events liebano 1 43 7 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 66 Yesterday, 01:25 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,977 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 90 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 374 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.