Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New APAP user, can you check my settings?
New APAP user, can you check my settings?
Hello, I'm new to PAP and I've been using my DreamStation APAP machine for five days now. I bought my machine used and I don't see my ENT until the 14th, so I had to setup the machine myself. I put the machine in auto mode with a range of 8 to 14 cmH2O and an A-Flex setting of 3, I'd like to know if you think I should change any of my settings. Specifically, I'm wondering if I should increase the minimum pressure to 9 cm and/or reduce the A-Flex setting from 3 to 2?

Average Pressure: 8.39
90% Pressure: 9.5
Max Pressure: 12.80
Average EPAP: 6.56
Max EPAP: 10.20

AHI: 1.01
Obstructive Index: 0.31
Hypopnea Index: 0.68
Clear Airway Index: 0.03
Flow Limitation Index: 0.46
RERA Index: 0.37

Average Leak Rate: 0.02

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New APAP user, can you check my settings?
Your numbers based on what you posted look great.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
i agree with Walla Walla. Your doing well and from the data you posted i see no reason to change your pressures. Do you feel more rested and is your therapy comfortable? I f not, there may be some benefit from minor tweaking but It would be good to see some daily sleepyhead charts. The software is free and easy to use. See the links below for how to get the software and organize and post the charts.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your ENT is going to be very pleased.

As a rule of thumb, we like to see a daily chart. See the organization link in my signature to see what we like to see.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks to me like they nailed the pressure requirement better than most we see here. Good luck with your CPAP therapy, it looks like you're doing very good for a first night.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 123 Yesterday, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,207 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 139 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 122 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 217 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 17 899 04-02-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Treatment] One year in, need a reality check BuzzaJim 2 153 03-30-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.