Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] SD cards
RE: SD cards
The S9 can use any size up to 32Gb in size. However, the S9 is only programmed to use 2Gb of space before the overwriting of its oldest data occurs.  I've been using SDHC cards for several years without any problems.  In fact the Toshiba FlashAir is a SDHC card and they work like a champ.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not all S9s. You pro'lly gots a newer machine in the series. The earlier ones will not write to them at all.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2018, 07:43 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: SD maxed out at 2GB, IIRC.  

Yes, mostly.  The wikipedia article says:
Quote:SDSC (SD): 1 MB to 2 GB, some 4 GB were made
SDHC: 4 GB to 32 GB
SDXC: 64 GB to 2 TB
SDUC: 4 TB to 128 TB

So it is certain that a 2-GB card is SD, not SDHC, therefore 2 GB is anybody's best bet regardless of machine.

By the way, that name "Secure Digital" as a retconned replacement for the brand name "SanDisk" is, in my opinion, silly.  There's nothing inherently secure about it (encryption is optional, as it is with any mass-storage medium).  I'd like to legislate that SD cards should instead be called South Dakota cards from now on, but (as with "FCPAP", "ACPAP", and "BCPAP") that has no chance of catching on, unfortunately.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nah. Sooper Dooper......
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
I've just received my new Resmed S10 Autoset to replace my System One Auto and unlike my previous Cpap machine purchases there isn't a SD card supplied with it.

I'm wondering if an unopened Samsung EVO 32Gb MicroSDHC UHS-1 Card with SD Adapter that I've had sitting in my office drawer for sometime is fit for purpose.
I realise 32Gb might be a bit of overkill but it's not being used for anything else so why not if it's fit for purpose?
Post Reply Post Reply
I've never tried a micro SDHC card with an adaptor, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. 32 GB should last the life of the machine (unless it goes bad...).
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I'll give it a try tonight as SD cards seem hard to find these days in Oz.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mutineer, that's Mutiny...Can't believe they sell these machines without all the working parts!  Dont-know

OK let us know how it works out.

Perth had a handful (<5) of cases and now we are in lockdown till Saturday. Huhsign

Just checked my desk drawers: I have a spare 8GB lying around I can send you if you need it, just PM me if you want it, you would just need to format to FAT32 and you will be good to go. It's a PICO 8GB SD HC Class 6.

Australia Post may be a bit slow atm but at least they are still open for business.
Post Reply Post Reply
micro SDHC card in an adaptor will work just fine.  Had a 32GB in a recalled Dreamstation, and moved it over to a new ResMed Autoset 10.  

Overkill - you bet!!  But I won't run out of storage space for an exceptionally long time.
Dammit, Jim - I'm an engineer, not a doctor!!

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
A micro-SD will work with an adaptor without any problems.  Most new SD cards are nothing more than a micro-SD inside a full size package.  This cuts down on manufacturing costs.  You only need one product line and a cheaper packaging line.  

Here is a new SD card cut open:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=27713]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 145 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Data on 2 separate SD cards. Merge? eok361 21 968 12-11-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Compatible SD cards for ResMed AS11 suddenSomnolence 4 1,417 09-28-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Philips Respironics Bipap Auto SV, cards and settings SenatorBirch 3 579 05-01-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR & Swapping ResMed S10 Machines & SD Cards? MoreBeers 15 2,103 10-23-2021, 01:08 PM
Last Post: btreger
  ResMed AirSense 10, SD cards and OSCAR. Flying High 18 4,707 12-06-2020, 07:23 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR data (SD cards needed) Gideon 4 1,465 02-22-2020, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.