Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New ASV treatment results
New ASV treatment results
Hi All

I have had my new asv cpap now for about 10 days.
I am definetley sleeping better than I have in the past 10 years.

Attached are some sample reports.

Any toughts on settings I should change?

Thanks

Attached Files
.pdf   16 August 2018.pdf (Size: 326.58 KB / Downloads: 46)
.pdf   17 August 2018.pdf (Size: 305.58 KB / Downloads: 31)
.pdf   18 August 2018.pdf (Size: 323.13 KB / Downloads: 30)
.pdf   22 August 2018.pdf (Size: 335.85 KB / Downloads: 27)
.pdf   23 August 2018.pdf (Size: 323.93 KB / Downloads: 31)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New ASV treatment results
Results are excellent. There are some extended periods in each chart where pressure support is high and the breathing flow rates seem irregular or high. We might want to look closer at what is going on there. For example 8/22 from 04:00 to past 05:00, 8/18 05:00 to 06:10, 8/16 00:00 to 01:30.

My preference would be for you to post a Daily Details screenshot (F12) including the left margin machine settings and respiratory statistics, than to print these reports that lack that information. We wanted to monitor tidal volume on you, and this format is lacking some important data.

Impossible to know what setting changes to suggest, but you might want to bump minimum PS back to 3.0 and see what happens. Your description of getting better, more comfortable sleep is encouraging.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2018, 06:55 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Results are excellent. There are some extended periods in each chart where pressure support is high and the breathing flow rates seem irregular or high. We might want to look closer at what is going on there. For example 8/22 from 04:00 to past 05:00, 8/18 05:00 to 06:10, 8/16 00:00 to 01:30.

My preference would be for you to post a Daily Details screenshot (F12) including the left margin machine settings and respiratory statistics, than to print these reports that lack that information.  We wanted to monitor tidal volume on you, and this format is lacking some important data.

Impossible to know what setting changes to suggest, but you might want to bump minimum PS back to 3.0 and see what happens.  Your description of getting better, more comfortable sleep is encouraging.

Hi
See screenshots attached
Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing at all wrong with your tidal volume. I recall that was mentioned in one of your sleep studies and nothing could be farther from the truth. With the flow limitations indicated here, please ignore my suggestion to lower PS min. The machine appears to be responding exactly as needed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Will try for a few weeks and reply back .

thanks again to all for your support on my journey to getting a asv and all your helpfull advice
Post Reply Post Reply
Such amazing results!!

Well done on biting the bullet, taking the advice given here by the kind and generous experts and succeeding!!
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 17 331 7 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 181 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 122 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,521 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,948 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 144 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 106 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.