Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New AirCurve S10 Vauto set at fixed pressure
New AirCurve S10 Vauto set at fixed pressure
I just got my new machine this afternoon,  and it's set fixed at 16/12. What would be suggested settings for auto?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New AirCurve S10 Vauto set at fixed pressure
If used, a factory reset first, to make sure all settings are in default

Mode: Auto
Min EPAP=10 a bit below your fixed pressure settings
Max IPAP=20 (or 25) it should not make much difference unless issues are uncovered
PS=4
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks With a new machine, and a new type of mask, that seems to be a good starting point. If it hovers around 16 then the titration must be close, depending on AHI count. If not, we can monkey around with it
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, last night really blew. I had a lot of large leaks, my pressures were 18 at 95%, and my centrals were up there as well. I wound up taking it off so I could sleep. I'm going to reduce my maximum to 16, and try to get some baseline to work with. Too many variables to work with at one time. I'll post some charts when I have a better handle on what I need to ask about.
Post Reply Post Reply
We really can't judge either pressure or events when large leaks are present. Just a few guidelines. For flow limitation and hypopnea we increase PS, and for centrals we decrease pressure support. The need for higher EPAP min is only indicated when obstructive apnea are present, or in rare cases to increase oxygen saturation. In general, fixed titrated pressures are too high, and with auto pressure a lower starting point is usually better. If you are prescribed bilevel due to central apnea, the titration study is nearly always invalid. It would be interesting to see your titration results where alternative pressures were attempted to find the optimum.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So it seems, Sleeprider, the deal is to bring the leaks under control. The PS was set at 4 by the supplier. I DO have CA issues. I had two nights of studies;the last one involved oxygen as an effort to help with the CA. For some reason, that night is not listed in the report as having occurred. I'll call the techs today to ask about that.
Post Reply Post Reply
It depends on what level of issue there's found with Centrals, and what category they are, but if CA are the main issue or big enough to block regular PAP treatment, then ASV is the best tool. Its backup rate being the secret sauce that a VAuto doesn't have. However if the CA trouble is on the lighter side, the trigger setting at high or very high may help.

So what does the sleep reports say exactly on the Central Apnea issue? Let's start there.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
PS looking back at posts in June on another of your threads, CHF is involved, and you mention your LVEF at 20%. This still is a very prominent aspect in my opinion. I believe the VAuto might become overwhelmed with the CA present in that prior thread.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I withdraw my above advice because of what Dave mentioned. You are in serious condition and my post was made without any regard to that. ALWAYS maintain your history by posting in the same thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also was unaware of the CSR and central apnea issue. I'm am certain you have been improperly prescribed a Vauto rather than ASV. The only way we can know is to see the data from your sleep study and the current machine results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 858 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,511 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 465 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.