Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New AirSense 10 - Persistant Small Leak
RE: New AirSense 10 - Persistant Small Leak
Thanks.   I can rule out the house.  Yesterday (before changing the water tank out), I tried a brand new house for about 10 minutes and the same leak rate existed as did the night before.

Last night it looks like changing out the water tank and wiping off the water tank insertion point gaskets brought the base line leak down a good bit anyway.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
That's progress at least though I'm surprised that would be needed on a new machine.

If the water tank is leaking I expect you'd be able to hear it, as that tends to make a lot of noise. That being said, I just remembered the advice my clinician gave me when I started my trial. She advised me not to leave the seal in the lid when opening the tank to fill it, but instead place it on top of the base of the tank after filling it, positioned such that it very slightly overhangs the side of the tank with the latch, so that the edge of the lid needs to brush against it and be pushed past it to close the tank. Following that advice I've only ever once had a tank leak since I started my therapy. Not sure if that will make any difference for you but I thought I'd pass it along.

- Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe I see a base line difference that's improved since replacing the Outlet Port.    If anyone knows if this small leak rate test (made just now), looks like it's inside a normal expected range, I'd appreciate knowing that.   Otherwise, I'm not sure what else to try except the other chamber entry gasket that moves air into the tank.  Thanks!

edit, in that tiny new test I see a few short dips to a 0% leak rate. I'm just guessing but would assume that if you get any dips to a 0% leak rate, anything else would be leak coming from the maks area. Also, I believe the leak spike near the end was my bumping the mask with my hand, as I was sitting up (and before removing it).

Today's
Brand new house (cleaned before use)
I replaced the Humidifier Chamber Outlet Port with a brand new one
AirFit P10 Mask Currently:  Changed the nasal cousin out for a new one

Yesterday
I've changed the water chamber
I tried several different masks and mask types (no base leak rate difference)
etc.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2021, 10:01 PM)Phil7 Wrote: I have a 30 day old AirSense10.   Would it be normal to see a small baseline leak almost every night during the first 30 days?    I haven't figured out if this is normal or abnormal yet.   I do have a spare (new) water tank but have not tried switching out the water tank yet.   I'm not sure what to try yet otherwise.  
  • The unit I have is 30 days old. 
  • Only a couple of those 30 days have had sustained 0% leak periods
  • The last time there was a night with a 0% sustained leak rate was 6 days ago.
  • I have changed the hose with no improvement.
  • I have tried different masks.
  • I have only used distilled water.
  • The leak is not related to pressure (see image - 3rd OSCAR fragment in image).
  • The 1st night of use had periods of a 0% sustained leak rate.  The next 3 nights had the normal 2% to 11% baseline leak rate. (etc).
 I have small leaks every night. Have for 5 years. No big deal.

Thanks for any tips!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lots of Large Leak Lately LazerStallion 0 55 Yesterday, 08:34 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 9 1,566 04-23-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 182 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 382 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Leak Spikes and A Break in Flow blu15 9 1,286 04-06-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: avhenry
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 10 443 03-29-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 4 232 03-29-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.