Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New AirSense 11: a few questions
New AirSense 11: a few questions
First off, did your 11 come with an SD card? If so, was it already installed or did it come packaged separately?

Secondly, is the original Sleepyhead software compatible with the AirSense 11? I actually prefer SH after trying Oscar with my Air Sense 10. Some settings were not carried over and couldn't be changed properly for whatever reason.

Thirdly, the filter is soooo tiny and thin. Are people doubling up or using something else to double-up the filter?

And finally, how do you access the clock and adjust the time? I only see an adjustment for the time zone.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New AirSense 11: a few questions
(01-22-2022, 02:45 AM)Hmm888 Wrote: Secondly, is the original Sleepyhead software compatible with the AirSense 11? I actually prefer SH after trying Oscar with my Air Sense 10. Some settings were not carried over and couldn't be changed properly for whatever reason.

No, how could it be? Sleepyhead is no longer being maintained.

And finally, how do you access the clock and adjust the time? I only see an adjustment for the time zone.

You can't adjust the clock, date, or time on the AS11. You can only adjust the timezone. A future version of OSCAR will provide a work-around to that problem. 
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some data were intentionally not carried over from SH because they were fabricated and inaccurate.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2022, 02:45 AM)Hmm888 Wrote: First off, did your 11 come with an SD card? If so, was it already installed or did it come packaged separately?
No.  All the DMEs/Docs care about is "compliance", and that data is transmitted via cellular, so no SD card included.  You'll need to supply your own.  Any 4gb or 8gb SD will work well for years of data, though SDs that small are sometimes tough to find and a larger one will work if that's all you can find.  You can use one from a previous machine, but be sure to delete all the files (or better yet, reformat it) before putting it in the AS11 -- or the mixture of files from multiple machines may confuse Oscar.

Secondly, is the original Sleepyhead software compatible with the AirSense 11?
No.  Oscar has been updated for AS11, so that's what you'll want.

Thirdly, the filter is soooo tiny and thin. Are people doubling up or using something else to double-up the filter?
Sounds like you got the "Resmed Standard #39300" filter.  They are really, really thin -- held up to the light, it looks like swiss cheese.  Resmed supposedly has an Ultrafine filter for the AS11 (#39304), but I've yet to find anyone with stock (I suspect that's what came pre-installed in my AS11, as that one was much thicker than the Resmed Standard filters the DME subsequently sold me).  There are some 3rd party AS11 filters being sold at various places, usually with a number like "xx-39304-y", where the "xx" is a manufacturer abbreviation and "y" is the quantity per pack.  I found some at an online DME site, and some on Ebay, both of which were far better than the "Resmed Standard #39300" filters -- I'd say at least twice as dense, and much closer to the filter that came pre-installed in my AS11. 

The AS11 does not provide access to the clock.  The Time Zone can be changed via the clinician menu, but BEWARE:  The machine forces you to delete the internally stored data before you can change the TZ and doing that also disassociates it from your MyAir account.  If your DME/Doc/Insurance is using MyAir for compliance, be sure all prior data has been transmitted to MyAir before changing the time zone.  After the change, you'll need to login to MyAir and add the machine back to the account.  Data previously transmitted will still exist on MyAir.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone especially @ScottZZZ. I hope Resmed patches this "bug" where the SD card is basically reformatted after you change the time zone. Since I already connected to MyAir, I wonder if the A11 syncs itself for the time?

I have some Respironics Remstar weaved filters that I cut to size and I'm using them instead of the thin tiny filter that came with the A11.

I noticed the A11 is always pushing a bit of air out despite smart start being disabled. Anyone else notice this? It's also not silent when in "standby" mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2022, 07:10 AM)Hmm888 Wrote: I noticed the A11 is always pushing a bit of air out despite smart start being disabled. Anyone else notice this? It's also not silent when in "standby" mode.

One could make that conclusion based on a really short observation, but it isn't true.  The blower runs (very slowly) during pre-heat and for about 15 minutes after therapy ends.  This is done to prevent humidity buildup in the tube.  Other than those periods, the machine goes into standby, blower completely off, completely silent, no air being moved.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME wasn't aware of the change. Upon further investigation, the clinician's manual mentions this occurrence (in the Troubleshooting section) where it blows air for 30 minutes. Not 15. It's noisy in a quiet environment. If the A10 did this as well, it wasn't noticeable.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2022, 04:04 AM)Hmm888 Wrote: ...it blows air for 30 minutes. Not 15. It's noisy in a quiet environment. 

Correct, the manual says 30 minutes.  I haven't timed it, seems less than 30 but that's probably because its near silent, so I really don't notice it unless I put my ear within a few inches of the machine.

If you're finding it "noisy", I wonder if there is something wrong with your particular machine?  I just measured mine during that cooldown and got a 29db reading at 24 inches away.  Levels below 30db are typically compared to a "whisper" or a "quiet room".  

Another possibility (other than a machine defect) would be placement.  There is some vibration from the blower, so some surfaces (like thin wood or metal) can act as a "sounding board" and turn that slight vibration into sound.  If that's the case, a sheet of neoprene foam under the machine can work wonders.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2022, 02:45 AM)Hmm888 Wrote: First off, did your 11 come with an SD card? If so, was it already installed or did it come packaged separately?

I received my AS11 today and it did NOT come with an SD card.  it came with this piece of plastic that went into the SD card slot, I suppose that's just to prevent entry of anything foreign into the slot during transport.  When I bought the Airsense 10, it did come with a small 4gb card with a Resmed label, as an aside.

Not a big deal though, expected that and bought a 16gb Sandisk card, popped it in and worked out of the box.  Formats to FAT32 automatically.

Second point regarding the filters, yeah, the supplied filter is absolutely embarrassing. It's like one-ply toilet paper lol. What I've been doing so far as a stopgap is that I noticed the AS11 filters are the same *length* (horizontal) as AS10's, but not the same height (vertical). I've been kinda just folding down the filter a little bit so it fits in the door, and I noticed it still closes fine, so that's what I'm going with for now since I still have a gazillion AS10 filters on hand.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm... I received my Air11 on Friday, and not only does it have an SD card, but a snazzy Air11 branded card! No ResMed cardboard folder with the built-in plastic slot for the card, though.

[Image: p.jpeg]

When I packed up the old machines (autoset 10 and vauto 10) and put the Air11 at my bedside I had everything strewn across the bed. When I was done that small black piece had appeared and I have no idea where it came from!  Oh-jeez (I hate leftover pieces LOLz...) Does anybody recognize it?

As for the clock idiocy, I'm bemused. So I went and found the time zone setting and it's set to GMT-7 (mountain standard time or pacific daylight time) even though I'm in Illinois and the machine was shipped to me from Kansas City and I'm pretty sure that everyone in Kansas City knows that Illinois is in the same central time zone they are! I found the settings json file, and it says
TimeZoneFeature":{"TimeZoneOffset":"-07:00"}

I'd like to make a formal feature request that OSCAR look at the time zone in the settings file, and then look at the time zone that's on the computer that's running OSCAR, and then convert the cpap time to the local time. As long as the timezone set on the machine isn't so far off that the machine noon happens when you are asleep, that should be OK.

Has anyone had their machine long enough to figure out if the cpap syncs the time with the server when it phones home? Having the time zone be the setting is, I think, the right way to do it. The wiping the data off the card when you reset the time zone is a classic ResMed idiot savant move -- come up with a good, solid, clever process, but then have one step that they do in a mind-numbingly stupid way!

It seems to me that the right place to fix the time stupidity is within OSCAR. Because we (by which I mean the OSCAR developers, not me personally) are smart enough to work around their dumbness.

Code:
{
 "FlowGenerator": {
   "SettingProfiles": {
     "Attributes": {
       "AppliedDateTime": "2022-03-21T06:34:48.460Z",
       "Source": "",
       "TransactionIdentifier": 0
     },
     "ActiveProfiles": {
       "TherapyProfile": "AutoSetForHerProfile",
       "FeatureProfiles": [
         "EprFeature",
         "AutoRampFeature",
         "SmartStartStopFeature",
         "CircuitFeature",
         "ClimateFeature",
         "LanguageFeature",
         "UserSolutionFeature",
         "TemperatureFeature",
         "PatientViewFeature",
         "TimeZoneFeature",
         "CareCheckFeature",
         "DeviceHealthFeature",
         "ReminderFeature",
         "DisplayFeature"
       ]
     },
     "TherapyProfiles": {
       "AutoSetProfile": {
         "TherapyMode": "AutoSet",
         "MaxPressure": 8,
         "MinPressure": 7,
         "StartPressure": 4
       },
       "AutoSetForHerProfile": {
         "TherapyMode": "HerAuto",
         "MaxPressure": 20,
         "MinPressure": 7,
       },
       "CpapProfile": {
         "TherapyMode": "CPAP",
         "SetPressure": 10,
       }
     },
     "FeatureProfiles": {
       "ComfortFeature": {
         "AutoSetComfort": "Off"
       },
       "EprFeature": {
         "EprEnablePatientAccess": "On",
         "EprEnable": "On",
         "EprType": "FullTime",
         "EprPressure": 3
       },
       "AutoRampFeature": {
         "RampEnable": "Off",
         "RampTime": 20
       },
       "SmartStartStopFeature": {
         "SmartStart": "On",
         "SmartStop": "Off"
       },
       "CircuitFeature": {
         "MaskType": "FullFace",
         "TubeType": "19mmNonHeated",
         "AntiBacterialFilter": "No"
       },
       "ClimateFeature": {
         "ClimateControl": "Auto",
         "HumidifierSettingEnable": "On",
         "HumidifierLevel": 4,
         "HeatedTubeSettingEnable": "Auto",
         "HeatedTubeTemperature": 27
       },
       "LanguageFeature": {
         "LanguageConfiguration": 163,
         "Language": "English",
         "LanguageSelection": "Off"
       },
       "UserSolutionFeature": {
         "SurveyPersonalise": "NotAnswered"
       },
       "TemperatureFeature": {
         "TemperatureUnit": "Fahrenheit"
       },
       "PatientViewFeature": {
         "PatientView": "Full"
       },
       "TimeZoneFeature": {
         "TimeZoneOffset": "-07:00"
       },
       "CareCheckFeature": {
         "CareCheckToggle": "On"
       },
       "DeviceHealthFeature": {
         "SoundcheckFeatureToggle": "On",
         "SoundcheckRunFrequency": "Daily"
       },
       "ReminderFeature": {
         "ReminderMask": {
           "Enable": "On",
           "StartDateTime": "2022-03-21T06:34:48.000Z",
           "Period": "P6M"
         },
         "ReminderTubing": {
           "Period": "P12M"
         },
         "ReminderFilter": {
           "Period": "P1M"
         },
         "ReminderHumidifier": {
           "Enable": "Off",
           "StartDateTime": "2000-01-01T00:00:00.000Z",
           "Period": "P1M"
         }
       },
       "DisplayFeature": {
         "TotalUsedHoursDisplayToggle": "Off"
       }
     }
   }
 }
}
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 7 234 11 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 87 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 386 Yesterday, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 186 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 157 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 252 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 369 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.