Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New AirSense 11: a few questions
RE: New AirSense 11: a few questions
(03-21-2022, 10:59 PM)cathyf Wrote: Hmmm... I received my Air11 on Friday, and not only does it have an SD card, but a snazzy Air11 branded card! No ResMed cardboard folder with the built-in plastic slot for the card, though.

[Image: p.jpeg]

When I packed up the old machines (autoset 10 and vauto 10) and put the Air11 at my bedside I had everything strewn across the bed. When I was done that small black piece had appeared and I have no idea where it came from!  Oh-jeez (I hate leftover pieces LOLz...) Does anybody recognize it?

As for the clock idiocy, I'm bemused. So I went and found the time zone setting and it's set to GMT-7 (mountain standard time or pacific daylight time) even though I'm in Illinois and the machine was shipped to me from Kansas City and I'm pretty sure that everyone in Kansas City knows that Illinois is in the same central time zone they are! I found the settings json file, and it says
TimeZoneFeature":{"TimeZoneOffset":"-07:00"}

I'd like to make a formal feature request that OSCAR look at the time zone in the settings file, and then look at the time zone that's on the computer that's running OSCAR, and then convert the cpap time to the local time. As long as the timezone set on the machine isn't so far off that the machine noon happens when you are asleep, that should be OK.

Has anyone had their machine long enough to figure out if the cpap syncs the time with the server when it phones home? Having the time zone be the setting is, I think, the right way to do it. The wiping the data off the card when you reset the time zone is a classic ResMed idiot savant move -- come up with a good, solid, clever process, but then have one step that they do in a mind-numbingly stupid way!

It seems to me that the right place to fix the time stupidity is within OSCAR. Because we (by which I mean the OSCAR developers, not me personally) are smart enough to work around their dumbness.
Sorry, your images didn't come through. The app time is off like on the machine. It's a screwed up software implementation by Resmed along with their filters.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2022, 09:25 PM)mug3n Wrote: I received my AS11 today and it did NOT come with an SD card.  it came with this piece of plastic that went into the SD card slot, I suppose that's just to prevent entry of anything foreign into the slot during transport.  When I bought the Airsense 10, it did come with a small 4gb card with a Resmed label, as an aside.

Not a big deal though, expected that and bought a 16gb Sandisk card, popped it in and worked out of the box.  Formats to FAT32 automatically.

Second point regarding the filters, yeah, the supplied filter is absolutely embarrassing.  It's like one-ply toilet paper lol.  What I've been doing so far as a stopgap is that I noticed the AS11 filters are the same *length* (horizontal) as AS10's, but not the same height (vertical).  I've been kinda just folding down the filter a little bit so it fits in the door, and I noticed it still closes fine, so that's what I'm going with for now since I still have a gazillion AS10 filters on hand.

I read a report that the AS11 likes to "eat" SD cards and the split time at noon is an issue for some (like me). Someone suggested changing the UTC time (like +8) on the A11 and then experimenting with time offsets on Oscar. I think Oscar is quite dumb and restrictive compared to SleepyHead which I still use with my AS10.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2022, 01:43 AM)Hmm888 Wrote: Sorry, your images didn't come through.

well that sucks... Does this work any better?

I figured out that the plastic piece is a blank that fits into the card slot when there is no card, which seems handy.
[Image: p.png]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4bswi2r790vdhc...c.png?dl=0

Good to know that the drive on the cpap destroys cards. I have a pretty obsessive-compulsive backup scheme that has rescued me from failed cards before. And fortunately I've got piles of cards around because the hubs uses them with his arduino-based detectors.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm888,
I'm curious, how is OSCAR labeled dumb and restricted compared to the no longer updated sleepyhead? I'm guessing you want to modify the charts in a way that would disqualify OSCAR from reporting unaltered what had happened and thereby eliminating OSCAR as a reliable, unedited report.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought my AS11 outright because I couldn't wait for my DME since they are still backordered.

1. My SD card was present in a little cardboard holder located with the rest of the documentation in the travel bag. I had to install it after taking out the SD blank from the machine.

3. I use a single air filter without doubling up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2022, 10:30 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Hmm888,
I'm curious, how is OSCAR labeled dumb and restricted compared to the no longer updated sleepyhead? I'm guessing you want to modify the charts in a way that would disqualify OSCAR from reporting unaltered what had happened and thereby eliminating OSCAR as a reliable, unedited report.

I sense baiting and gaslighting on your part in a troll-like manner. Your guess is wrong. I won't respond any further.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2022, 09:40 AM)cathyf Wrote: well that sucks... Does this work any better?

I figured out that the plastic piece is a blank that fits into the card slot when there is no card, which seems handy.
[Image: p.png]

Good to know that the drive on the cpap destroys cards. I have a pretty obsessive-compulsive backup scheme that has rescued me from failed cards before. And fortunately I've got piles of cards around because the hubs uses them with his arduino-based detectors.

Unfortunately not. The image is not visible here but copying and pasting shows. You might want to use the image option in the post tool bar or use an image uploading website like this. If you're using this forum to post images, I recommend you preview your post before you hit save or post.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2022, 04:21 PM)Hmm888 Wrote: Unfortunately not. The image is not visible here but copying and pasting shows. You might want to use the image option in the post tool bar or use an image uploading website like this. If you're using this forum to post images, I recommend you preview your post before you hit save or post.

Odd -- I'm apparently not understanding the security model at dropbox, which is where I store the photos. The picture is visible to me in both of my posts, and also in your quote of my post where you say you can't see the picture. 

Good to know...
Post Reply Post Reply
After reading your post above I tried the dropbox link. I was able to see the photo of the SD card and carrier. I'm wondering if this is a location restriction.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2022, 09:40 AM)cathyf Wrote: well that sucks... Does this work any better?

DropBox can be a little tricky.  For the img you want to post here remove the dl=0 on the end and add raw=1 and it should work like so:

The bbcode looks like this now:
Code:
[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/4bswi2r790vdhck/CardPlastic.png?raw=1[/img]

EDIT: I removed the hotlink in this post to cathyf dropbox img.  
You can still view the image here 

See if that shows up for you.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 151 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Airsense 10 Respond Questions SheShells23 12 460 03-11-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.