Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Aircurve 10 ASV machine - help please
RE: New Aircurve 10 ASV machine - help please
I remember your early posts in the forum and immediately though you'd end up on ASV. I get criticized for calling ASV too quickly, but I have yet to see someone not do better with it, that needed it. Congrats on the progress. Nothing like using the right therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it's any consolation, calling it early will always be right in about a third of of those with high numbers of pressure induced CA. The other two thirds will settle down within 3 months. An ideal world would be to give everyone of these people an ASV for 3 months and then get them titrated in three months time, to see the ones that still need it. Given the number of hoops the US health system makes you jump through. By the time the ASV titration is done, you are getting to at least a couple of months anyway.

I think this one was the craziest turn around. It only took a few days.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-s-my-data?
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your comments, mate. I was very impatiently waiting for my care provider to prescribe an ASV machine for my health care provider. Overall though they did respond very well. It has been 3 1/2 months between the time that I informed my primary care doctor about high AHIs with complex central apneas to getting the ASV. Meantime, they had provided me with a biPAP Vauto which I explained to them that it would not work. I was on that for 2 months before they agreed it was so. I found my sleep doctor to be very competent and the sleep therapy technicians to be very knowledgeable. My first machines in 1996 were huge, noisy, CPAP (fixed) machines and although BiPAPs were available they were very expensive. APAP was just coming out. Even that first fixed CPAP was a godsend to me and gave me back my life.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had 9 days or rather nights of therapy. The results are very good and I will no longer post on this thread about my therapy. I had 2 nights of ZERO events in 8 hours on the mask with at least 7 hours of deep sleep! The rest of the nights, except for 2 exceptions, I only had 1, 2, or 3 events at the most! The exception nights I had problems with the mask or was sleeping on my back and the AHIs were 2 and 2.9. I am not going to change the doctor's settings because they work fine for me at minEPAP=10 cm, maxEPAP=15 cm, minPS=0, maxPS=10cm. For all these days I was with the machine for greater than 7 hours on a continuous basis and the average time for the 9 days is 8 hours.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 6 126 3 hours ago
Last Post: aubreyjs
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 35 4 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,420 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 111 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 999 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 162 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 698 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.