Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Aircurve 10 ASV machine - help please
RE: New Aircurve 10 ASV machine - help please
My ASV can be set to run a Ramp with an EPAP range from 4.0 to my true Min EPAP of 9.6 if ramp is turned on. I do not use ramp BTW.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Dave. I may forgo using the ramp as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, my lower ps value may be 3 instead of the 0 that I had indicated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Background on the ramp for me: I tried it at various length (time) and EPAP settings. I was getting poorer overall AHI and it was delaying the therapy that the ASV offers. The "magic" of the ASV is to have that per breath adjustment via both EPAP and PS ranges to tackle whichever type apnea you are dealing with at that moment.

PS I think it took me a week to feel confident enough to throw out the Ramp altogether.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So many people that use these machines have sleep-onset centrals that using ramp means it's harder to get to sleep. If you can tolerate the pressure, it's best to avoid the ramp and let the machine learn your breathing rhythm as you drift off. If you get a pressure support boost, you probably needed it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
With the S9 VPAP Adapt (and I assume it's the same with the AirCurve) it's possible to start the EPAP at either 4 (and allow it to ramp up) or at the set EPAP or EPAPMin, depending on the selected mode. I assume if you do this there's effectively no ramp on EPAP but PS ramps up.

However like most people I found it works best with no ramp.
Post Reply Post Reply
I may be proven incorrect, but I think on my ASV 10, there is Ramp time and a beginning pressure setting where it starts. As time passes, it moves the pressure up gradually until time expires, handing control over to the set EPAP Min. FWIW I run mine in ASV Auto. I can verify this for clarification. See next post in a few min.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK. Here's what I verified on my AirCurve 10 ASV Auto: Whatever pressure is entered for the ramp, anywhere from 4.0 to X (where X is equal to your "normal" EPAP Min), this pressure increases as Ramp Time passes. Example: Ramp time of 5 min and starting pressure of 4.0; it will gradually increase from 4 to your EPAP min over that 5 minute time-frame of the ramp, then hand off control to normal operational status.
Post Reply Post Reply
As you have all indicated, the user and the machine have to adapt to each other. I have the results of last nights session that went very well. I will post the sleepyhead graphs later on. I was on the mask for 7 1/2 hours and the ahi was 0.13! There was only 1 hypopnea event that occurred because (I think) the ps was 0. I have to use the doctors settings right now and they seem to be right on! The zero ramp was good and I did not feel any discomfort. There was one flow limitation event because of a mask leak but the machine handled it well and there were no events noted in the timeline.
Post Reply Post Reply
Except for the 1 hypopnea event.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto - Oscar Chart Raven87 18 312 6 hours ago
Last Post: Raven87
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 13 297 7 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 3 165 04-20-2024, 02:07 AM
Last Post: melbell
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 111 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 265,209 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 1,035 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 195 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.