Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Airsense 10 autoset
RE: New Airsense 10 autoset
An update, I was finally able to get an appointment with my doctor for tomorrow.

I emailed my DME and described basically what I have outlined in this thread. The DME confirmed that the machine was operating as it should and I needed to see my doctor about possibly getting a different prescription. I wanted to get this confirmed by the DME because my doctor is a bit unpredictable and I can see him asking me if I had contacted the DME before seeing him.

I know from my first meeting with the DME that he is very anti Respironics, claiming that their reliability has gone down substantially. Who knows if this is really true or if they just get higher margins on the resmed product line. He said he will only supply resmed unless the doctor specifically requires something else and then it will have to be ordered.

I can also see my doctor asking how much I have tried to use the machine before writing it off. His office has instructed me to bring the machine and the card to the appointment. Thus I have put some time on the machine but not very much. Certainly more than enough for me to know it doesn't work for me. I can only lay there so long before switching back to my bipap so I can get to sleep.

I am downloading sleepyhead to see what the card says so I will have that info for the appointment.

I did have two questions however.

The readout on the machine doesn't show much use but I know I have used it some. If I recall the first 2-3 times I used the machine I left it in airplane mode. Do the therapy minutes get written to the card when the machine is in airplane mode?

And/or is there a specific number of minutes the machine must be on before it starts recording to the card?

Also, it has been mentioned in this thread that this machine will only do EPR up to 3 cm. I will look through the owners manual when I get home but I was wondering if folks could tell me where that is documented? Owners manual, clinicians manual?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2015, 08:27 PM)star searcher Wrote: I downloaded, extracted, and attempted to start sleepyhead but it says xyz.dll is missing. The sleepyhead site says to click on the link under "missing dll files". Download visual C.

I did so and now find myself with a choice of one two or all three files:
First checkbox selects all three files.

Or each individual file can be selected

vcredist_arm.exe 1.4mb

vcredist_x64.exe 6.9mb

vcredist_x86.exe 6.2mb

My system is win7 64bit. Do I want all three of these or only x64 and arm?

(04-03-2015, 09:56 PM)archangle Wrote: You need the one with X64 in it.

Ok, so I'm back to trying to get sleepyhead working and have confused myself.
There appear to be two exe files on my hd along with other sleepyhead directories and files.

SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe

SleepyHead-OpenGL.exe

What is the difference between these two?

Clicking on either of them produces the following:
missing MSVCR120.dll

And now I can't seem to find my way back to the page in my quote above about missing dll files.

Any help would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
OpenGL is a video graphics programming that is contained in some video cards, but no so much in integrated graphics chips. While OpenGL will provide faster video graphics response in compatible equipment, it will produce errors in computers without the OpenGL chip. Both version produce the same appearing charts and graphs, and BrokenGL works in more machines. If you are running this on a computer with integrated graphics rather than a dedicated video card, use the BrokenGL

You can try both and nothing bad will happen but the screen might stop responding properly if your computer does not support OpenGL

The DLL files from C++ redistributable can be installed free from Microsoft. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=40784
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2015, 04:33 PM)star searcher Wrote: Any help would be appreciated.

All the help you need is here: http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok got it. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2015, 03:40 PM)star searcher Wrote: I did have two questions however.

The readout on the machine doesn't show much use but I know I have used it some. If I recall the first 2-3 times I used the machine I left it in airplane mode. Do the therapy minutes get written to the card when the machine is in airplane mode?

And/or is there a specific number of minutes the machine must be on before it starts recording to the card?

Also, it has been mentioned in this thread that this machine will only do EPR up to 3 cm. I will look through the owners manual when I get home but I was wondering if folks could tell me where that is documented? Owners manual, clinicians manual?

Thanks

Airplane mode only turns off the modem. Data still gets written to the card. Also the modem will catch up transmitting the missed days when it does get turned on, even if you leave it off for a few days.

Mine seems to start right away. SleepyHead can be set to ignore sessions less than a certain time, may default to five minutes. So like when I accidentally hit the "go" button instead of the menu button (i.e. intending to start warmup on the humidifier), then turn it right back off after I realize I hit the wrong button, SleepyHead gracefully ignores that... Smile But ResScan (if I remember right) sees that five second burst.

Clinicians manual -- about setting EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2015, 04:33 PM)star searcher Wrote: Clicking on either of them produces the following:
missing MSVCR120.dll

And now I can't seem to find my way back to the page in my quote above about missing dll files.

Any help would be appreciated.

I also had a Windows 7 64 bit OS and had the same problem when I tried to install the x64 version. After trying a while to figure it out, I switched to the 32 bit version and that loaded and works fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Alright, after a bit of monkey motion I was able to exchange the autoset for an aircurve 10 vauto.

I set it up and plugged it in and found it had a whiny type noise that rose and fell with the amount of pressure the machine was putting out. It sounded electronic, and almost like it was coming from a speaker. The noise really got my dogs attention. There was the proper amount of water in the reservoir.

When I turned it on and held my hand over the hose-end at various levels of restriction the noise increased and decreased with the amount of air being expelled.

Also, the darn machine will turn itself off before I even have the mask put on. What's up with that? When I turn something on I expect it to stay on until I turn if off.

I looked through the quick start guide to see if the noise and instant-off was some sort of feature but I don't see it in there.

So once again I go back to my old reliable bipap until I can get this new machine fixed, or establish if it is operator error.
As an aside my doctor mentioned during our appointment that he was a fan of the resmeds and uses an autoset, but also said his machine failed to turn off that very morning and he had to remove the 110v plug from the back of the machine to get it to shut off.

Any ideas on this latest development?

Signed
Supremely frustrated.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2015, 10:41 PM)star searcher Wrote: Also, the darn machine will turn itself off before I even have the mask put on. What's up with that? When I turn something on I expect it to stay on until I turn if off.

That part sounds like auto-start is turned on.

When it senses you are there at the end of the hose, it turns on.

Likewise, when it senses you aren't there, it turns off.

Probably best to disable this "feature". Smile

Another option is to wait until you have the mask on before you start it. You may get a few seconds where it's not enough air, but if that's tolerable, this will keep from showing a "large leak" at the start of your session (if you're monitoring with Sleepyhead).
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2015, 08:39 AM)worn_out_in_lebanon Wrote: That part sounds like auto-start is turned on.
When it senses you are there at the end of the hose, it turns on.
Likewise, when it senses you aren't there, it turns off.
Probably best to disable this "feature". Smile
Another option is to wait until you have the mask on before you start it. You may get a few seconds where it's not enough air, but if that's tolerable, this will keep from showing a "large leak" at the start of your session (if you're monitoring with Sleepyhead).
Thanks, I'll figure out how to turn that off. I notice when I turn off the machine with the top button there remains a very slight bit of pressure coming through the nasal pillows. I don't know if this pressure turns off at some point. In order to get that slight pressure stopped I unplug the power cord. When I plug the cord back in there is no slight pressure. But after I turn the machine on again, either through auto-start or via the button, the slight pressure returns after I turn the machine off with the button.

Anyway, the main problem now is the noise coming from the machine. I moved the machine to my office today so I could play with it a bit. My dog assisted in pinpointing the shrieking noise as coming from the humidifier end. It varies in volume based on the amount of IPAP pressure coming out. With the mask on when I stop breathing there is no noise, as soon as I inhale the noise starts. Similarly with the mask off I can put my hand over the nasal pillows and as I vary the restriction level to trigger IPAP so goes the noise level. More pressure rushing out, the louder the noise.

I then checked the gasket thingy in the chamber and it looks to be position correctly and the lid is closing properly. Then I varied the amount of water in the reservoir. I ran it briefly with no water, then slightly below low, slightly below mid, slightly below full etc. I repeated this cycle twice and during the first cycle at the slightly below low level the noise stopped. However on all other levels including the slightly below low on the second cycle the noise remained present.

I will contact the DME tomorrow about this. Hopefully this is not one of those things that ends up being something that is not able to replicate at his office.

Also, is there anyway at all to get the screen to remain lit so I can see what is going on as I troubleshoot these things? There is plenty of light in my office and the screen goes to almost completely dark after about 8 seconds and then to completely dark a couple seconds later.

And finally, I'm not sure the pressures are set correctly but obviously I've not had much time to actually use the machine yet. It looks to me like the pressure is going from 4 to 8 and the screen says PS 4 which I assume means pressure support of 4? This time I was smart enough to get a copy of the prescription the doctor wrote which says:
Bi-Level
IPAP 14-20
EPAP 7.5
Doesn't that mean there is a pressure support of 7ish?

Thanks for listening.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 44 1,290 04-05-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 187 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 978 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 203 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 262 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 706 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,296 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.