Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New And Throwing in the Towel
RE: New And Throwing in the Towel
Duckdog, which PRS1 machine do you have? Do you know the model number?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Duckdog (both),

I'll step back from the doom and gloom of my previous post. You get the point.

Tell us where you are. Your profile says you're using a Phillips Respironics System 1, but ResScan software. Sorry, doesn't go together. What full face mask? Let us know the manufacturer, size, etc. People on the forum are really good at "Yup, had the same problem and I did . . ." What are your exact problems? Do you wake up feeling like you're not getting enough air? Does the mask annoy you so much you can't wear it? Is it all just so weird you can't adjust? All places we've been and may be able to help.

I'm not saying it's easy. I am saying your overall life/health will be better if you can stick with the therapy. We're here to try to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2012, 07:24 PM)Duckdog58 Wrote: I wanted this to succeed, but I'm thinking all the extra stress is just not worth it.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRh-74GvpqgC8_B6dPoWf9...TSre1xk9NK] Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2012, 10:43 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Duckdog, which PRS1 machine do you have? Do you know the model number?

To be honest, I just took a guess at the software. I really have no idea for sure, I am such a newb to this.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2012, 10:53 PM)jdireton Wrote: Duckdog (both),

I'll step back from the doom and gloom of my previous post. You get the point.

Tell us where you are. Your profile says you're using a Phillips Respironics System 1, but ResScan software. Sorry, doesn't go together. What full face mask? Let us know the manufacturer, size, etc. People on the forum are really good at "Yup, had the same problem and I did . . ." What are your exact problems? Do you wake up feeling like you're not getting enough air? Does the mask annoy you so much you can't wear it? Is it all just so weird you can't adjust? All places we've been and may be able to help.

I'm not saying it's easy. I am saying your overall life/health will be better if you can stick with the therapy. We're here to try to help.

I think the whole thing is just too weird for me.

Like I said, I just took a guess at the software.

What it all comes down to is that this is going to be an adventure IF I decide to continue on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Duckdog, I'm not asking about the software. I'm talking about the hardware. What's the model of your CPAP machine?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
detach the humidifier from the machine and empty the water tank
turn the machine upside down but look for the label
there is a serial number and model number on the label
what is the model number? more likely the number would be
450 or 550 something or
460 or 560 something

this label posted by dcgrafix ... he is Canadian .. his machine shows 461
if your machine is the same one would show 460 instead of 461
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=31917a8ca...!308&sff=1
Post Reply Post Reply
Only number of that sort is 560 P. Hope that is it.
Post Reply Post Reply
That means you have the PRS1 RemStar Pro, which is a good machine. It's a keeper.

EDIT: Oops. It's the 460P that's the PRS1 RemStar Pro, the 560P is an even better machine.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2012, 08:57 PM)Sleepster Wrote: That means you have the PRS1 RemStar Pro, which is a good machine. It's a keeper.

That is what the local folks keep telling me. Not too sure I can agree with that. Smile :lol:

I have to keep trying, but this whole feeling worse than before the machine has got to pass sometime soon. Eat-popcorn

I had the worst narcoleptic episode I have ever had while working one on one with one of my students today, and that is completely unacceptable. I cannot even begin to explain how professionally unacceptable that is. If that continues, I can lose my job, and that won't be good at all, now would it?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In Praise of a Dark Hand Towel Dennis of the NorthWet 5 4,164 11-14-2016, 08:51 AM
Last Post: tzk321
  Reading stats and "throwing away" some apnea Marnid2014 8 3,721 04-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Last Post: davek

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.