Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Apap user
RE: New Apap user
Thank you, that helps a lot, but I doubt in a direction you are expecting. See the clusters of obstructive events? That indicates a positional apnea, one that medical teams miss. I'm not talking about about the front, sides, or back sleeping. You are most likely ticking your chin. It could explain the high flow limits that you have and I've seen through all your close up views. The fix is to add a soft cervical collar to keep your chin from tucking. Read the wiki article on collars in my signature. Sometimes this can be fixed with a pillow modification such as 1 pillow vs 2, a flatter or less firm pillow. A feather pillow vs foam, a buckwheat pillow. I hate to suggest something else to wear overnight but this works.

Please add in the Flow Limit chart.
I'll look into different pillows.  This is my data from the rest of the night from when I reverted to my old settings.  I feel basically back to normal, though the 3 hours with the other settings was a torture session.
(10-20-2021, 07:51 AM)Gideon Wrote: Please add in the Flow Limit chart.

You guys keep asking for that and I've read the guide, what do I keep missing?

Edit do you mean this one?
To show the flow limits first find the flow limits chart.  You move the chart one of 2 ways.  Both ways is using the mouse put the cursor over the left side of the chart where the words flow limits appear.  Now left click on it, hold down the left button of the mouse and drag it up to the spot you want it to be.  

Or 2 right click on the name flow limits and choose the first option pin flow limit graph.  That will move it up and it will remain there until you right click again and take the pin off.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
My bad I'll fix that.
Okay so I set it back to defaults (I honestly don't remember changing the order but I'm willing to bet I did it on accident clicking around.)

Is this the order that is desired?
Good! Now, to help expand the data on the right, scroll down on the left panel to the Session Information section and deselect (uncheck) the first session. Your graph should show a 2:00AMish start time now.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(10-20-2021, 11:16 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Good! Now, to help expand the data on the right, scroll down on the left panel to the Session Information section and deselect (uncheck) the first session.  Your graph should show a 2:00AMish start time now.
I’m sorry you took what I said as arguing or condescending.  I really did not mean it in that way.  Let me give you a little background on myself.  I taught and coached in High School for 35 years.  Whenever I tried to help a player or student improve, I would never say just do what I said, I would explain why we are doing it this way.  I try to do the same thing here.  If anyone has a problem, I try to explain why I think they need to do what I said and not just to do what I say.

You mentioned 2 times about the feeling of choking and using EPR.  I said that EPR would not cause choking and I did not know why you had that feeling.  I tried to explain how EPR works.  I never implied you did not have the feeling only that EPR was not the reason.  Now after posting the nights OSCAR we can see it was positional apnea that was causing the chocking.

We are really doing two things here.  First helping the person that posted and also we want to help other people who have a similar experience.  Without explaining why we are doing something and why it will help of hinder therapy, other people cannot get the help they need.  We have many lurkers out there that don’t want to post but can learn from other people’s experience.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
(10-20-2021, 12:07 PM)staceyburke Wrote: I’m sorry you took what I said as arguing or condescending.  I really did not mean it in that way.  Let me give you a little background on myself.  I taught and coached in High School for 35 years.  Whenever I tried to help a player or student improve, I would never say just do what I said, I would explain why we are doing it this way.  I try to do the same thing here.  If anyone has a problem, I try to explain why I think they need to do what I said and not just to do what I say.

You mentioned 2 times about the feeling of choking and using EPR.  I said that EPR would not cause choking and I did not know why you had that feeling.  I tried to explain how EPR works.  I never implied you did not have the feeling only that EPR was not the reason.  Now after posting the nights OSCAR we can see it was positional apnea that was causing the chocking.

We are really doing two things here.  First helping the person that posted and also we want to help other people who have a similar experience.  Without explaining why we are doing something and why it will help of hinder therapy, other people cannot get the help they need.  We have many lurkers out there that don’t want to post but can learn from other people’s experience.

I really hate arguing with you about this and I'm going to just leave because this is frustrating. Frustrating and annoying.  I said I got a choking sensation when I turn on EPR.  This is a thing for me, a fact.  You tell me that's impossible.  Okay fine, whatever don't believe me.  I don't know or care enough to try to convince you that changing a cpap setting makes me feel one way or another.   

Good lord how irritating.  I'll try to figure out how delete my forum account here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,224 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 152 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 124 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 226 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 17 918 04-02-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 645 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 134 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.