Mask Type: Not using mask
Mask Make & Model: None
Humidifier: None
CPAP Pressure: None
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

RE: New Apnea Board main web site - check it out
(08-01-2012 12:19 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  Liz, are you sure about the iPad & iPhone? I've tested the site in several iPad/iPhone emulators online and the menus load and work fine... some of them have the converted top menu for smart phones that I installed, (which works fine) others have the drop-down menus that look the same in standard browsers... all of which work fine on these emulators... Thinking-about

Here's some where the web page loads and menus work fine (works fine on others I've tried also):

http://iphonetester.com/

http://transmog.net/iphone-simulator/

http://interactiveiphone.com/

http://ipad-emulator.org/

Also, we've had other people test the site using Androids and iPhones and no one yet has said that they couldn't see the menus at all. Huh

Thanks for the feedback... Not sure what's going on here. Dont-know

I do know that flash was not a part of the iPhone/iPad but with Steve Jobs gone, that must have changed.

I actually picked up my iPhone and tested...and it did work...the odd thing is that it is iffy cause there are some flash sites that still do not work.

One way to test a web page is to look up browser shots (it's a dot org ext) and test all the most common ones you may see in your awstats. Also check and see how many visit you using a mac.

Liz
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2012 12:45 PM by southernlady.)
08-01-2012 12:45 PM
Find all posts by this user

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Hey SuperSleeper, not to rain on your parade or anything, but I like the way the old site is better. When I go over the screen with my screenreader on the new site, I don't see the names of the posts, rather, all I see is "Public Area, This Area Is Accessible To Everyone, or if I'm over the "Master Members" area, I just see "Private Area, This Area is Accessible to Master Members Only." The way it is on the old site is that I can see the names of the posts. I don't mean to confuse you and maybe I'm doing something wrong, that is possible, for sure, (Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha,) I'm not even sure if I'm explaining it right so hopefully, that helps. Again, I'm sorry if I have confused you with my lack of ability to explain this to you.

trish6hundred
08-01-2012 01:26 PM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Sex: Male

Okay, I made some changes to the PHP index file and the CSS settings...

Can you folks with Macs clear your browser's cache and re-load the main page and see if it's any better?

http://www.apneaboard.com

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

08-01-2012 01:33 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
mjbearit Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: REMstar Auto AFlex DS550
Mask Make & Model: RESMed Swift FX
Humidifier: Heated humidifier - 2
CPAP Pressure: 12.5-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

I have no Apple products and all my stuff works fine.....coincidence? Hmmmm.....

As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
08-01-2012 01:45 PM
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Hi again SuperSleeper, If I click on "View Today's Posts," it works fine, I can see the posts. Some of the difficulties I have is with the screenreader so I'm glad I'm not the only one weighing in on this because screenreaders are a horse of a different color, they can make EVERYONE crazy, (Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha.)

trish6hundred
08-01-2012 02:11 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Hi Trish, I'm looking into possible solutions to make it easier for screen readers, but so far I haven't found something that will work with our forum software. I'll keep looking. Thanks.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

08-01-2012 02:34 PM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

(08-01-2012 01:45 PM)mjbearit Wrote:  I have no Apple products and all my stuff works fine.....coincidence? Hmmmm.....

I'm not an Apple fan either. I have my opinions of the late Steve Jobs and I best keep those opinions to myself. Too-funny I'm not even a Bill Gates fan, really.. which is why my desktops run Ubuntu Linux.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

08-01-2012 02:36 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
BabyDoc Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: ResMed H5i with Climateline Tubing
CPAP Pressure: 6.0 -16.0 CM
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(08-01-2012 10:18 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  
(08-01-2012 09:38 AM)BabyDoc Wrote:  I must be doing something wrong. When I access the above link it gets me back to the what looks like the old forum.

Howdy, Doc...

If clicking on www.ApneaBoard.com takes you back to the old forum, something may be wrong with your browser, a virus perhaps?

The old forum URL is here:

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Apnea_Board/index/

Is that what you're seeing, or does it look like the pictures that cbramsey posted in this post?

Huh

With regard to these issues on Macs, I'm pretty sure that on those Mac browsers, there is an issue with the drop-down menu interfering with the moving Flash panel below those menus as they are expanded. The ApneaBoard.com website code seems to be pretty standard.... the problem seems to be that the browsers in question (Mac versions) aren't coded to handle the flash content correctly, I think, which is actually an issue with those browsers, not the web page. I can't change the code of web browsers, unfortunately... Thinking-about

For those of you having issues: do you have the latest version of Chrome and Apple Safari? If so, perhaps your browser's Flash plugin needs to be updated. I don't know what's going on for sure.... and I don't have access to a Mac to check things... so if anyone has more info, please let me know.

Thanks! Coffee

It looks like the pictures that cbramsey posted, but that page takes you back to the a forum page that doesn't look any different to me than the forum I saw last week. What are the differences that I am supposed to be seeing? They aren't that obvious to me.
08-01-2012 02:45 PM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

(08-01-2012 02:45 PM)BabyDoc Wrote:  It looks like the pictures that cbramsey posted, but that page takes you back to the a forum page that doesn't look any different to me than the forum I saw last week. What are the differences that I am supposed to be seeing? They aren't that obvious to me.

Hi Doc, I started this thread back in March.... lonnieb saw it and replied to this old thread yesterday, bumping it back up to the top...

The website changes I spoke about in the first post of this thread were done over 4 months ago. Coffee

I think once we get these other issues ironed out, I'll delete the thread completely.

Thanks.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

08-01-2012 02:49 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Hi SuperSleeper, don't sweat it about the screenreaders, I'll just keep trying on my end. As far as being an "Apple" fan, I'm not necessarily a fan of either of the main opperating systems, it's just that the "Mac" is what I learned on and the newer opperating systems have a "Builtin" screenreader that comes with the system and it beats,all to heck spending an extra $900.00 to $1000.00 for an out-board screen reader, "depending on whether it is "Windoweyes" or "Jaws," for the "Windows" opperating system,)"so that worked better financially for me.

trish6hundred
08-01-2012 02:55 PM
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  File Hash check program justMongo 3 201 10-14-2016 01:32 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Opinionated hosehead crashes into Apnea Board GregLawson 43 4,617 12-11-2015 09:36 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
  What I love about Apnea Board Gabby 23 3,556 12-11-2015 06:17 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  If you use 'PayPal', and like the board... Peter_C 3 846 06-20-2014 09:12 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Afib board AfibApnea 14 3,125 02-17-2014 08:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New Member Check In Luke Warm 7 1,754 01-23-2014 10:04 PM
Last Post: ImaSurvivor
Thumbsup Signup for the site pyro 3 1,614 04-10-2012 02:40 AM
Last Post: pyro