Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Apnea Board main web site - check it out
(08-01-2012, 02:36 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(08-01-2012, 01:45 PM)mjbearit Wrote: I have no Apple products and all my stuff works fine.....coincidence? Hmmmm.....

I'm not an Apple fan either. I have my opinions of the late Steve Jobs and I best keep those opinions to myself. Too-funny I'm not even a Bill Gates fan, really.. which is why my desktops run Ubuntu Linux.

I didn't really mean it like that I'm not Apple bashing. I come from a mainframe background before we had PCs and Apple was not the first thing on the market. By the time Apple arrived on the scene I had been using various iterations of the "clone wars" and was used to supporting that. I supported PCs and networks for a number of years before I basically quit supporting PCs and concentrated on Networks. During this entire time I worked only with PCs. I won't stray to far afield from my work setup when it comes to my home setup. Why introduce more frustration in my life? As far as Steve and Bill goes, well, I don't know either one, not likely to at this juncture either (Bill's too rich and Steve's too dead) so I really have no opinion about them. However, I will say that a good deal of Apple's ideas and inspiration came straight out of PARC (Palo Alto Research Center - Xerox!). Yep, Xerox. A company with fantastic ideas and engineering and not enough vision to stop running into walls! Okay, there's the history for today.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Just a reminder, for those of you using a Mac, we still need some feedback on whether the changes made this afternoon corrected the top menu problem or not.

Also, if anyone else is having a problem with the menu system, let me know that also and what operating system and web browser you're using.

Thank so much for helping if you can.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Cleared my cache and was viewed the main page without incident in Google Chrome Version 20.0.1132.57.

Haven't checked in Safari yet because I am conserving energy right now!!!! Too-funny
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

It works fine for me now.
Sounds good, CB & Dave...

If anyone else has issues or info on whether this fix worked for you, please post.

Just as an FYI, here's the stats for the month of July for all Operating Systems and Browsers:

[Image: stats-07-12.jpg]
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

(08-01-2012, 04:34 PM)mjbearit Wrote: However, I will say that a good deal of Apple's ideas and inspiration came straight out of PARC (Palo Alto Research Center - Xerox!). Yep, Xerox. A company with fantastic ideas and engineering and not enough vision to stop running into walls! Okay, there's the history for today.

Yeah, I remember reading that, MJ. Xerox actually came up with the concept of a mouse, right? Then Steve Jobs stole it from them and put them on his Apple computers.

Reminds me of Bill Gates who sold IBM a disk operating system to run on their PCs, but he didn't even have one... so he went out and bought some computer geek's OS for something like $16,000 or so and acquired all the rights to it... and put his own label on it "DOS" - Disk Operating System, then presented it to IBM as his own product and he made millions. Smile
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

(08-01-2012, 07:49 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Reminds me of Bill Gates who sold IBM a disk operating system to run on their PCs, but he didn't even have one... so he went out and bought some computer geek's OS for something like $16,000 or so and acquired all the rights to it... and put his own label on it "DOS" - Disk Operating System, then presented it to IBM as his own product and he made millions. Smile

MS-DOS was originally called QDOS before Bill Gates acquired it. The D stood for "Dirty," not "Disc" (the Quick and Dirty Operating System).
(08-01-2012, 07:44 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: If anyone else has issues or info on whether this fix worked for you, please post.

Works fine for my Safari version now, too.

--- Vaughn
Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
Thanks for the feedback.

I'll go ahead and close this thread to new replies, as the issues seem to have been resolved.

Regardless, if anyone still has an issue where you can't see the new Main Web Site page properly, please let me know via private message (PM) or by starting a new thread.

This thread has now been moved to the Off-Topic Forum.

THREAD CLOSED.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this site secure? S.L. Ping Beauty 3 179 06-09-2017, 06:44 PM
Last Post: S.L. Ping Beauty
  Happy 200,000 posts Apnea Board! Drucifer 2 239 06-06-2017, 03:03 PM
Last Post: FloridaDreaming
  Any railfans "on board" (pun intended) CPAPreturnee 1 196 05-05-2017, 03:04 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  File Hash check program justMongo 3 458 10-14-2016, 01:32 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Opinionated hosehead crashes into Apnea Board GregLawson 43 5,090 12-11-2015, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
  What I love about Apnea Board Gabby 23 3,832 12-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  If you use 'PayPal', and like the board... Peter_C 3 930 06-20-2014, 09:12 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2