Mask Make & Model: RESMed Swift FX
Humidifier: Heated humidifier - 2
CPAP Pressure: 12.5-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: New Apnea Board main web site - check it out
(08-01-2012 02:36 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  
(08-01-2012 01:45 PM)mjbearit Wrote:  I have no Apple products and all my stuff works fine.....coincidence? Hmmmm.....

I'm not an Apple fan either. I have my opinions of the late Steve Jobs and I best keep those opinions to myself. Too-funny I'm not even a Bill Gates fan, really.. which is why my desktops run Ubuntu Linux.

I didn't really mean it like that I'm not Apple bashing. I come from a mainframe background before we had PCs and Apple was not the first thing on the market. By the time Apple arrived on the scene I had been using various iterations of the "clone wars" and was used to supporting that. I supported PCs and networks for a number of years before I basically quit supporting PCs and concentrated on Networks. During this entire time I worked only with PCs. I won't stray to far afield from my work setup when it comes to my home setup. Why introduce more frustration in my life? As far as Steve and Bill goes, well, I don't know either one, not likely to at this juncture either (Bill's too rich and Steve's too dead) so I really have no opinion about them. However, I will say that a good deal of Apple's ideas and inspiration came straight out of PARC (Palo Alto Research Center - Xerox!). Yep, Xerox. A company with fantastic ideas and engineering and not enough vision to stop running into walls! Okay, there's the history for today.

As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
08-01-2012 04:34 PM
Find all posts by this user

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Just a reminder, for those of you using a Mac, we still need some feedback on whether the changes made this afternoon corrected the top menu problem or not.

Also, if anyone else is having a problem with the menu system, let me know that also and what operating system and web browser you're using.

Thank so much for helping if you can.

Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

08-01-2012 06:33 PM
cbramsey Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage FX
Humidifier: ResMed H5i with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 6 - 12
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

Cleared my cache and was viewed the main page without incident in Google Chrome Version 20.0.1132.57.

Haven't checked in Safari yet because I am conserving energy right now!!!! Too-funny

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
08-01-2012 06:37 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
big_dave Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PR System One DS560
Mask Make & Model: F&P Pilairo Q or ResMed Mirage Activa
Humidifier: PR System One
CPAP Pressure: 14 - 20

Other Comments: Former ResMed S8 Autoset II user

It works fine for me now.
08-01-2012 07:01 PM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Sounds good, CB & Dave...

If anyone else has issues or info on whether this fix worked for you, please post.

Just as an FYI, here's the stats for the month of July for all Operating Systems and Browsers:

[Image: stats-07-12.jpg]

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

08-01-2012 07:44 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

(08-01-2012 04:34 PM)mjbearit Wrote:  However, I will say that a good deal of Apple's ideas and inspiration came straight out of PARC (Palo Alto Research Center - Xerox!). Yep, Xerox. A company with fantastic ideas and engineering and not enough vision to stop running into walls! Okay, there's the history for today.

Yeah, I remember reading that, MJ. Xerox actually came up with the concept of a mouse, right? Then Steve Jobs stole it from them and put them on his Apple computers.

Reminds me of Bill Gates who sold IBM a disk operating system to run on their PCs, but he didn't even have one... so he went out and bought some computer geek's OS for something like $16,000 or so and acquired all the rights to it... and put his own label on it "DOS" - Disk Operating System, then presented it to IBM as his own product and he made millions. Smile

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

08-01-2012 07:49 PM
big_dave Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PR System One DS560
Mask Make & Model: F&P Pilairo Q or ResMed Mirage Activa
Humidifier: PR System One
CPAP Pressure: 14 - 20

Other Comments: Former ResMed S8 Autoset II user

(08-01-2012 07:49 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  Reminds me of Bill Gates who sold IBM a disk operating system to run on their PCs, but he didn't even have one... so he went out and bought some computer geek's OS for something like $16,000 or so and acquired all the rights to it... and put his own label on it "DOS" - Disk Operating System, then presented it to IBM as his own product and he made millions. Smile

MS-DOS was originally called QDOS before Bill Gates acquired it. The D stood for "Dirty," not "Disc" (the Quick and Dirty Operating System).
08-01-2012 11:02 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

(08-01-2012 07:44 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  If anyone else has issues or info on whether this fix worked for you, please post.

Works fine for my Safari version now, too.

--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
08-02-2012 01:26 AM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll go ahead and close this thread to new replies, as the issues seem to have been resolved.

Regardless, if anyone still has an issue where you can't see the new Main Web Site page properly, please let me know via private message (PM) or by starting a new thread.

This thread has now been moved to the Off-Topic Forum.

THREAD CLOSED.

Thanks

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

08-03-2012 10:41 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  File Hash check program justMongo 3 202 10-14-2016 01:32 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Opinionated hosehead crashes into Apnea Board GregLawson 43 4,618 12-11-2015 09:36 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
  What I love about Apnea Board Gabby 23 3,556 12-11-2015 06:17 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  If you use 'PayPal', and like the board... Peter_C 3 846 06-20-2014 09:12 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Afib board AfibApnea 14 3,126 02-17-2014 08:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New Member Check In Luke Warm 7 1,754 01-23-2014 10:04 PM
Last Post: ImaSurvivor
Thumbsup Signup for the site pyro 3 1,615 04-10-2012 02:40 AM
Last Post: pyro