Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Attempt Tonight
RE: New Attempt Tonight
(03-17-2018, 09:50 AM)DoubtFire61 Wrote: Woke really rested this morning...didn't wake up a all.

The mask was on the nightstand this morning...right where I left it last night...

Good thing for you that you woke up. Not everybody is that lucky in a case like this.

As others say:, "one night does not make a pattern"...
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2018, 09:50 AM)DoubtFire61 Wrote: Woke really rested this morning...didn't wake up a all.

The mask was on the nightstand this morning...right where I left it last night...

hmm... I sure hope that wasn't a prophetic statement, although it very well could be!

(03-17-2018, 10:26 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Nonosign

While I agree with Walla Walla, my experience is that gentle reminders are ignored.  I wonder if I'm outta line suggesting Hammer

(03-17-2018, 11:03 AM)MikeBear Wrote:

Good thing for you that you woke up. Not everybody is that lucky in a case like this.

As others say:, "one night does not make a pattern"...

However, one step down a slippery slope...
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep having this same problem...I wake trying to exhale, and it takes so much force that the mask lifts off my face, like a puck floating on an air hockey table. This continues for another 3-4 breaths....sometimes more....
Post Reply Post Reply
So, I finally got my house put back together, new mask arrived...SleepWeaver Anew...so I set it up ...

Oddly, all of my settings reverted back to the original ones set by the the DME ... the machine had been unplugged and stored while the renovations were going on...

So I move them back to my most recent settings... 8-14, EPR 3.

I did use clean ice in the humidifier...nothing else...that was a great improvement...and set the ramp start to 7 with a 5 min duration...also an improvement.

Lasted about 3 hours, many mask leaks...basically, anytime I rolled to my side....there was a major leak.

Sending it back today.

Not sure about the next step...guess I'll revert back to the Simplus...
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a big cohort for the P10. Ever considered it?

The FFM did not do me much good and leaks were horrific. The P10 set me on the right path.

Give it a try?
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The nasal masks are a total non-starter for me.  Massive allergies, deviated septum and other turbinate issues.

Mouth breathing is a requirement.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2018, 12:25 PM)DoubtFire61 Wrote: So, I finally got my house put back together, new mask arrived...SleepWeaver Anew...so I set it up ...

Oddly, all of my settings reverted back to the original ones set by the the DME ... the machine had been unplugged and stored while the renovations were going on...

I did use clean ice in the humidifier...nothing else...that was a great improvement...and set the ramp start to 7 with a 5 min duration...also an improvement.

Lasted about 3 hours, many mask leaks...basically, anytime I rolled to my side....there was a major leak.

Sending it back today.

I'm new here, and perhaps this was discussed in your earlier threads, but how have you arrived at using a full face mask? A nasal pillow mask may be more tolerable. Yes, you can open you mouth and bypass the treatment, as long as it does not happen too often, overall treatment can be quite effective.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2018, 01:42 PM)Ron AKA Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 12:25 PM)DoubtFire61 Wrote: So, I finally got my house put back together, new mask arrived...SleepWeaver Anew...so I set it up ...

Sending it back today.

I'm new here, and perhaps this was discussed in your earlier threads, but how have you arrived at using a full face mask? A nasal pillow mask may be more tolerable. Yes, you can open you mouth and bypass the treatment, as long as it does not happen too often, overall treatment can be quite effective.

Pretty simple really, I tried the nasal with getting started...when I opened my mouth, when I could not breath enough through my nose, I liked to have blown out my eardrums.
Post Reply Post Reply
No significant difference last night. Just under 2 hours and was then awakened. Put it on again early in the morning...just to see whT would hapoen. AHI is1,
.4 according to the display... another new mask coming.

Hoping to find a solution soon...
Post Reply Post Reply
Finally it looks like there is a promise of a good solution.

I switched to a Philips Amara View mask.
Getting the seal correct was a bit of a challenge but the mass stays in place and the leaks were minimal.

Last night's session was cut short due to coughing but at least the fit was good.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  iNAP First Night Test Tonight (Running with APAP) Apnea23 4 1,211 01-21-2024, 10:32 PM
Last Post: scowell
Sad [CPAP] Need help tonight Chavonda67 1 431 11-01-2022, 09:25 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Came home to a surprise tonight! speed3914 7 1,237 09-20-2021, 10:21 AM
Last Post: factor
  Question re: Virtuox Ultra test with RemStar Auto A-Flex tonight. Help, please. Helena 2 821 08-30-2021, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Helena
  [Pressure] Titration study last night - Recommended settings for tonight? trialNerror 5 787 06-13-2021, 01:26 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Tonight's the first night with VAuto, should these settings be okay? moodotkai 5 850 02-10-2021, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Changing CPAP machine in attempt to resolve bloating and gas elwoodpdowd 9 1,683 08-21-2020, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.