Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Attempt Tonight
New Attempt Tonight
I went in this morning and picked up my new "gadget" an AirSense 10 Autoset.

We also discussed the mask issues, tried a few on and came away with the ResMed F10 with both the medium and large sizes.

I tried the F20, but the nose bridge on it was not wide enough.

The machine is set for 4-20 with the Autoramp on AUTO and the EPR set to 3.

I'm downloading SleepyHead now...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Attempt Tonight
Its a nice machine. Had mine about 9 days.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you might find 4 a bit to low, however, a night with it and a bit of data and you will find out how things are going.   Smile 

I think you will find it a nice machine, but might need a bit of tweaking to make it a bit better.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
4-20 is wide open. Most people feel starved for air below 6 although I am quite comfortable starting at 5.6. 5-15 would have been a good starting point but post some data after a few nights.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, that's an improvement....

Still having to dink around with the humidity and mask a bit...and I decided to tweak the settings from 4-20 to 5-18 but I've got the first graph!

Interpretations and recommendations are welcomed.

[attachment=4896]
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I'm glad that first night is over. Now reset the minimum pressure to 8 with EPR at 3 and I think you're going to be much happier. Here is the problem with 4, 5 and 6 as minimum pressures. First, you need higher pressure as evidenced in your median result. The big problem with low pressure and EPR at 3 is that you can't get "out of the hole" when you need more pressure. Your pressure starts at 4/4, and has to go to 7/4 before EPAP even moves. So if you want to use EPR at 3, which is nice for most people, a minimum pressure of 7 is practically mandatory. Remember that in bilevel therapy (which is what EPR provides), it is EPAP that controls OA.

Your chart might be improved by moving mask pressure down and flow limitation up. I am seeing some clustering of events that might suggest some of that OA is positional.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hope things go well for you tonight, DoubtFire61.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
So, I've just figured out the the F10 is a bust for me. Fits great, comfortable.... but the exhale venting is practically non-existent! This ring of holes around the coupling are just not enough.

Grr
Post Reply Post Reply
There are many many many mask options out there, thankfully! Have you asked your DME if they have a demo mask that you can try? They may allow you to take a mask home to try before you buy. If they won't do that, ask them to try some masks. It's best to try them on under pressure while connected to a machine. Hang in there!
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Try turning the EPR down. Some masks, I found I had more trouble with it on 3 than on 1 or even 2. Even between the same type of masks, the exhale relief need can be different for each user.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  iNAP First Night Test Tonight (Running with APAP) Apnea23 4 1,212 01-21-2024, 10:32 PM
Last Post: scowell
Sad [CPAP] Need help tonight Chavonda67 1 431 11-01-2022, 09:25 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Came home to a surprise tonight! speed3914 7 1,237 09-20-2021, 10:21 AM
Last Post: factor
  Question re: Virtuox Ultra test with RemStar Auto A-Flex tonight. Help, please. Helena 2 822 08-30-2021, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Helena
  [Pressure] Titration study last night - Recommended settings for tonight? trialNerror 5 787 06-13-2021, 01:26 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Tonight's the first night with VAuto, should these settings be okay? moodotkai 5 851 02-10-2021, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Changing CPAP machine in attempt to resolve bloating and gas elwoodpdowd 9 1,687 08-21-2020, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.