Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Bi-pap user needs help
New Bi-pap user needs help
Still snoring as well as having obstructive and central apneas after little over week on bipap. How should bipap pressures be changed? Seems like the pressures are set too low to help yet they are set the same as the sleep study.

I've attached a recent OSCAR and a copy of sleep study.   Let me know if I can provide more.  

Thanks in advance for the help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Bi-pap user needs help
Welcome to the forum.
I’ll let the experts handle your settings but you should post a redacted sleep study. Meaning black out your personal info. The moderators will probably ask if you want this one taken down until you can get a redacted version up
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
I have deleted the sleep study for now.  It's hard to black out things in a pdf.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you’re using an Apple device you can do that in the books app. On a desktop I’m not sure
Post Reply Post Reply
I've redacted the info hopefully I got it all.

Attached Files
.pdf   Sleep Study no name.pdf (Size: 673.96 KB / Downloads: 71)
Post Reply Post Reply
Perfect. The experts will be around soon. It’s the holidays so it may take longer than usual but they will answer you
Post Reply Post Reply
Your BiPAP Pro does not appear to be an Auto machine. If you got this via a DME, you really need to change it as it only offers a limited version of what BiPAP can do. If this is being supplied via insurance then you should also contact them. I get the impression that you've only just got the machine. If so then activate the 'cooling off period' clause if it applies.
Post Reply Post Reply
holden4th I will request from my dme a a new machine that has auto bipap to apply the right pressure for a given situation such as sleep position. My understanding is I’m supposed to be able to switch during the trial period I’m in.  My son who I’m visiting and who told me of this board said the same after he put my machine in clinical mode and noticed the machine didn’t have auto. My son prefers ResMed auto machines. Do you have a manufacturer or specific machine you would recommend?     In the meantime any settings you would recommend with the machine I have now as I’m currently visiting my son for the holiday out of state and unable to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed Aircurve ASV is the bilevel machine you want

Actually just read back again saw your graph and agree with sleeprider an ASV is what you need. Sorry for sending you off in the wrong way.
Post Reply Post Reply
You need the Aircurve 10 ASV unless we can reduce pressure support to control the CA events and increase EPAP to improve the obstructive events. I agree it would be very helpful to see your sleep study results and any titration testing. I suspect you have complex apnea and if the doctor is aware of this he prescribed BiPAP to move you forward in the normal progress to justify advanced positive pressure like the ASV.

If you want to self-titrate to improve this, we should try some different pressure settings. I'm thinking about 7.0 EPAP and 9.0 IPAP. That is in the neighborhood of your current settings, but with less pressure support the CA events should be better and OA should also improve. You may need positional apnea therapy (soft cervical collar), but since your therapy looks like one constant cluster it's hard to tell. Looking forward to learning more about your history.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,109 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,157 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.