Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New BiPAP ST user Vet with complex apnea
RE: New BiPAP ST user Vet with complex apnea
Please clarify what your settings are here. That is the kind of chaotic respiration I have seen resolved with ASV. The machine has no clue how to respond and is recording a breath rate of 52 bpm.

Please consider upgrading to the newly released OSCAR 1.1.0 Beta 2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A couple of observations.

1. Since they changed my pressure to 16/12 I believe I noticed the increase in pressure.  Which has led me to believe I needed to tighten my mask in order to avoid leakage. I need to ask them about that because I felt like the mask was a little too tight for comfort at that point.  

2. Last night I experienced something I hadn't so far.  Occasionally, I would feel what I describe as a short quick blast of air.  It happened about two or three times.  I can't recall that I had been holding my breath or stopped breathing for a time (possibly triggering a machine response??)  so I have no clue what that was but it was a distinct pop of air.

(03-12-2020, 08:11 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Please clarify what your settings are here.  That is the kind of chaotic respiration I have seen resolved with ASV. The machine has no clue how to respond and is recording a breath rate of 52 bpm.

Please consider upgrading to the newly released OSCAR 1.1.0 Beta 2.

Sleeprider I did upgrade and posted that reading on the beta forum.  Wasn't sure I should post that info on this one.

Current settings. ST IPAP 16.0 EPAP 12.0 BPM 12 Ti 1.5
Post Reply Post Reply
I think just go ahead and use the updated version here.  We can finally see the actual settings and results.  Isncluding mask pressure instead of pressure will help us to see the machine response to this respiration.  I see no real improvement in this chart compared to previous settings.  At least this version of OSCAR corrects the respiration rate and settings.  Double check your Ti and BPM settings and see if that has been changed remotely.  The reason I ask is the screenshot shows lots of failed inspiration attempts.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=20909]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was a rough nite due to my cold.  I had to stop treatment about 4 or 5 am.  I coughed into the mask several times.  I took a pic of the settings as of this am and they are 16/12 and Ti 1.5
Post Reply Post Reply
Have we ever discussed the fact that you as the patient can change your settings (even if that info differs from what is contained on a script) in seconds instead of waiting for someone else to do it via remote? Take charge and access the settings is what I'd suggest. If you've been given the lie that you're not allowed because it cancels insurance coverage, refuse to believe it. Insurance is concerned with compliance usage only.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2020, 09:44 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Have we ever discussed the fact that you as the patient can change your settings (even if that info differs from what is contained on a script) in seconds instead of waiting for someone else to do it via remote? Take charge and access the settings is what I'd suggest. If you've been given the lie that you're not allowed because it cancels insurance coverage, refuse to believe it. Insurance is concerned with compliance usage only.

Actually Dave,   I already have.  When the VA told me they were going to up my settings to 16/12,  the next day I noticed it was still the old settings so I went ahead and changed them myself.  

It was funny, because they wrote me later and said they had changed the settings after I had already done it.  LOL.   

They are going to change me to a straight CPAP single pressure 10 cmH2O.      I'm not sure where I'd find single pressure so I'm not messing with this one yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
No offense was intended but just was putting info out there. Straight CPAP pressure is accessed under Mode either above or below where you found pressure settings, I'd guess just above it on the menu.

PS about 2.5 years ago, I visited my pulmonary PA, she wanted to edit settings via script to DME, I volunteered to deliver hard copy to them, I copied it for my file and edited machine then took the script to DME and told them to add to my patient file. When I got home, I called remote person DME said would access and edit, I told her I already adjusted it and she thanked me for doing it because it was one less thing she had to worry about doing...just sayin'
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2020, 10:35 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: No offense was intended but just was putting info out there. Straight CPAP pressure is accessed under Mode either above or below where you found pressure settings, I'd guess just above it on the menu.

PS about 2.5 years ago, I visited my pulmonary PA, she wanted to edit settings via script to DME, I volunteered to deliver hard copy to them, I copied it for my file and edited machine then took the script to DME and told them to add to my patient file. When I got home, I called remote person DME said would access and edit, I told her I already adjusted it and she thanked me for doing it because it was one less thing she had to worry about doing...just sayin'

None taken.   I just checked and my machine is now set to     CPAP   10 H2O with a steady pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update us how it works with personal comments on positive or negative changes and an OSCAR chart.
Post Reply Post Reply

First screenshot with settings of CPAP at 10 H2O

Right off the bat,  the total AHI is below 9 for the first time (with one exception early on.) 

The respiratory rate is much lower. 

I can't remember rolling back and forth near as much as before.

Seems I'm going in the right direction at least.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 620 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 612 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 251 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,922 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 187 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 277 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complex Sleep Apnea: Help Analysing OSCAR and advises C3POap 4 326 01-14-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.