Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New BiPAP ST user Vet with complex apnea
RE: New BiPAP ST user Vet with complex apnea
Any inclined sleeping makes you more susceptible to chin-tuck either supine or on your side. I think a lot of events would sort themselves out with a soft collar. Before rejecting the idea, read the wiki here http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar and pay attention to the other members that have provided before and after examples of their results. You look like a "mild" before. I think if you can get comfortable with a collar it could remove at least 50% of events. That would be considered efficacy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2020, 07:28 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Any inclined sleeping makes you more susceptible to chin-tuck either supine or on your side.  I think a lot of events would sort themselves out with a soft collar.  Before rejecting the idea, read the wiki here http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar and pay attention  to the other members that have provided before and after examples of their results.  You look like a "mild" before. I think if you can get comfortable with a collar it could remove at least 50% of events.  That would be considered efficacy.

Sleeprider I never thought I could get used to the cpap mask but it wasn't as difficult as I thought LOL.  I might just have to try the cervical collar.
Post Reply Post Reply

Night three with the CPAP settings. Loosened the mask slightly. Still felt a little too tight but not as bad. I seem to sleep better the second half of my nights. When I wake up I can barely notice any pressure in my mask, but it's there.
Post Reply Post Reply
IMO this chart seems to help build a case for the soft collar with the clusters of events.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2020, 09:46 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: IMO this chart seems to help build a case for the soft collar with the clusters of events.
There seems to be so many choices on Amazon.  I'm looking.
Post Reply Post Reply
SHatfield,
Measure the circumference of your neck and add a couple inches, then order accordingly.  Also, pay attention to the height of the collar.  If you have a short neck, you don't want a 4" collar.

A soft collar should not be worn too tight as to restrict you from moving your neck.  

I don't use one, as I've managed to train myself not to tuck my neck.  

Good luck in your search, hopefully others can chime in as to what they like and use.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply
Still looks a bit nasty on the Etch-A-Sketch there, with those flags flying all over. Update forgetful Dave, had the doc decided to change you to ASV? I'm sure that would reduce the abundance of flags.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wanted to amass a few days in the CPAP mode before I contacted them again.  I'll probably write them today. Been 3 days at this setting w/o significant improvement in how I feel. My AHI numbers went down slightly until last night, but I'm told that's not the best indication of efficacy.  

I think I'm going to tell them I downloaded a program to track my sleep numbers and start asking about stuff like the RERA.  

One thing I "think" I notice is there aren't as many "obstructive" flags as I thought.  

I also ordered a soft cervical collar to see if it helps any.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gotcha.

Pointer if you'd like it: note down either mental or hard copy ALL complaints about the ST, be specific and include every discomfort it causes, etc. for doc to see why you need some other machine. Some examples: I feel tired, headaches, waking unrested, machine delivers pressure uncomfortable, I wake up a lot, ... probably not as successful to mention the machine failure to address flags, make the complaints about how you feel, focus on how you feel worse, the target is to show them they need to change machine as they can't change you
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 610 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 247 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,919 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 184 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 275 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complex Sleep Apnea: Help Analysing OSCAR and advises C3POap 4 326 01-14-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.