Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New BiPAP User
New BiPAP User
Hello forum!

I'm a recently diagnosed patient with severe OSA - while the diagnosis was recent, I suspect that I've been suffering for at least 20 years.

I just got my machine today - sadly, I'm 3,000 miles away from it, so my first night of non-trial use will be Wednesday night - wish me luck!

I'm a software nerd and data nut, so I'm totally onboard with SleepyHead and ResScan - I can't wait to start looking at my data and zeroing in on what my settings really ought to be. My current settings are based on 4 in-home, 7-night studies over the past year, the most recent of which was completed just a couple weeks ago.

I'm sure I'll have questions over time -I've read hundreds of posts on this and other online support forums, but there's nothing like getting started to really see where the gaps in one's knowledge lie!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New BiPAP User
Welcome to the forum cpdaniel!
Let us know how your first night goes. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi cpdaniel,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with your new machine.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
You got a great machine. The mask is the same one that I started with after the nasal mask that allowed me to mouth leak. I was never able to get that mask to work for me. I hope you have much better luck and that could well be. Masks are such a personal thing and as we like to say,"Everybody is different".

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to ApneaBoard cpdaniel! Glad you found us.

Sounds like one day we may be looking to you for help with SH!! Good luck starting therapy!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you'll enjoy the bilevel experience. Good luck.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2015, 10:11 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think you'll enjoy the bilevel experience. Good luck.

The last couple nights of my last in-home sleep study, which was with a BiPAP, I loved it - really hated giving it back and the having to wait weeks before I had a machine of my own. But, that's the past now - tonight beings the real journey.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2015, 08:12 AM)cate1898 Wrote: Welcome to ApneaBoard cpdaniel! Glad you found us.

Sounds like one day we may be looking to you for help with SH!! Good luck starting therapy!

Entirely possible! I've been a software developer for over 30 years, with much of that Windows C++ programming. If nothing else, I'll definitely run on the "bleeding edge" of new versions, as I intend to load data into both SH and ResScan, at least to start with, so I can tolerate using a less-stable version of SH.

One of the things I might look into eventually, is loading a bunch of sleep data into a business intelligence or machine learning system to see what kind of correlations might be discovered. But, first things first - and the first thing is to get better, uninterrupted sleep every as many nights as possible!
Post Reply Post Reply
I got also my biPAP machine today, but still cannot use because it has to be properly set up overnight in the lab. Had a CPAP machine but the therapy pressure needs exceed 12 cmH2O, hence the doc proposed the change towards biPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2015, 09:00 PM)cpdaniel Wrote: I just got my machine today - sadly, I'm 3,000 miles away from it, so my first night of non-trial use will be Wednesday night - wish me luck!

Night number one is in the can Smile. Not bad for a first night, I think. Didn't manage to get too much sleep, but when I was asleep, my AHI was <2, which is better than on any of my sleep studies.

Just a few OAs - the machine registered some CAs too, but I know that most (or all) of these occurred when I was awake, or transitioning in/out of sleep. Pressure got pretty high (hit the configured upper limit of 20), but was 13.7 average for the night.

Looking at the data in both SleepyHead and ResScan - both are nice programs, easy to use. I'll keep using both until a clear winner arises.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 633 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 190 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Multiple surgeries, consistent BiPAP user, still struggling with exhaustion erica721 5 721 11-03-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: erica721
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
  Fixed pressure BIPAP vrs Auto BIPAP (UARS) tugboatxd 0 690 03-29-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: tugboatxd

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.