Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CMS 50F not compatible with Sleepyhead!?
New CMS 50F not compatible with Sleepyhead!?
I was looking to pick one up from supplier 19 and noticed they now have a "new" version but it states it is not compatible with Sleepyhead. I was really looking forward to doing business with them since they seem to be so highly recommended on this site, but I really want the Sleepyhead integration.

Are there any other highly recommmended options? I'm not interested in getting one from eBay. I'd rather deal with a company in the event I have any issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CMS 50F not compatible with Sleepyhead!?
I also have the latest CMS-50F, and can confirm that it no longer produces the .SPO files that SleepyHead wants. However, their own data reading program is not terrible. As long as you don't insist on having the oximetry plots on the same piece of paper as the CPAP plots, it works fine for me.

Having said all that, there is one annoyance with the CMS-50F. It only stores the latest data run. If you stop data collection, then start it again, the previous data collection is lost on the device. This means that you must download the oximetry data to the computer before its next use. Apparently the CMS-50i records multiple sessions, and also records a perfusion index (sort of like a "signal to noise ratio"). Supplier 19 used to sell them, but stopped doing so for reasons that are not apparent. You may want to check with them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think nearly all of the CMS oximeters delete the previous recording when a new recording is started. It would be cool if one did not because it is a big PITA.

Integration into SleepyHead is not as easy as we would like. I've never been able to do it. I just either print out the SpO2 report and hold it up or just look at them side-by-side in the two different programs.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
CMS50I will store multiple sessions and the perfusion readings are great since you can tell if O2 readings are accurate or not (i.e. moving around etc.). I got one from supplier 19 just a few weeks ago. Must be out of stock - they seem to have trouble keeping some models in stock. There was a pretty long span a while back that they didn't have the 50F. I hope the I hasn't been discontinued - it's a dandy little gadget.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also got th the CMS 50i. Mine will record 7 sessions.
The software that comes with it works fine.
When I ordered mine I was notified it was out of stock. The next day it came in. I received it days before my original expectation.
My only critique is the buttons are cheap but you can learn to deal with them quickly.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 27,965 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 357 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Compatible SD cards for ResMed AS11 suddenSomnolence 4 1,439 09-28-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  oxymeter compatible with macintosh Larrypac 1 458 01-14-2023, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Compatible NONIN sensors from China nikonomikon 11 1,923 05-29-2022, 04:52 AM
Last Post: nikonomikon
  [Equipment] NONIN Xpod + AirSense 10 - OSCAR compatible? mhoffmann 3 817 01-06-2022, 02:31 PM
Last Post: mhoffmann
  Wrist oximeter compatible with oscar- which one to buy? sanemonk1 18 2,305 05-24-2021, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Ratchick

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.