Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stop Simplus hose swivel from squeaking?
Ohmy 
Stop Simplus hose swivel from squeaking?
My new Simplus FFM squeaks, sometimes loudly, when the hose swivels. While the 360 degree swivel is a great idea, it's just plastic rubbing on plastic and is not always silent. (it also clicks, but I can live with that). I suppose oil is not a good idea in this case? I don't want any oily residue getting on the mask seals. Would that even help with plastic? The mask is really comfortable but this sound, for some reason, irks me even more than "face farts"   
(The straight vent also sucks, but that is more of a problem for hubby who gets air blasted down his neck, the poor guy).

Any tips?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Stop Simplus hose swivel from squeaking?
You might try a small dab of USP mineral oil on the swivel.  Dip the tip of a Q-tip in the mineral oil and touch it to several spots around the swivel ball. This is the only thing that I can think of that is inert and safe.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try a quick spay with food grade silicone pressure pak and allow to dry before using.
[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tips!

Something like this, Geoff? What kind of store would sell this or does it have to be ordered online? I've never seen this or heard of it before, just googled it and found this:
-----
[commercial link removed - instead, please do a Google search for "Jax Dry Glide Silicone Food Grade H1"]

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2017, 10:20 PM)Russatrice Wrote: Thanks for the tips!

Something like this, Geoff? What kind of store would sell this or does it have to be ordered online? I've never seen this or heard of it before, just googled it and found this:
-----
[commercial link removed - instead, please do a Google search for "Jax Dry Glide Silicone Food Grade H1"]
Hi Russatrice,

Here is AU one would get this lubricant from an automotive parts & accessories place, or in some cases, a hardware store. It is also used to lubricate electrical contacts so an electricians supply store. When all else fails eBay item #122030659322. The one you indicate is water based & would be alright, but I've never used a water based one before & think it will take longer to dry. Hope this helps. Best of luck

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Geoff, sounds like something handy to have around the home and business,
and sorry, Mods, I should've known better. Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2017, 12:28 AM)Russatrice Wrote: Thanks Geoff, sounds like something handy to have around the home and business,
and sorry, Mods, I should've known better. Oh-jeez

Well yes it is, I use it for m y lubrication tasks, but it's not very effective as a lubricant on metal parts, but for non metals its good.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2017, 10:16 PM)Russatrice Wrote: (The straight vent also sucks, but that is more of a problem for hubby who gets air blasted down his neck, the poor guy).

Any tips?

I saw you grinning when you wrote that!   Grin   Grin

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,465 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,537 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 538 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,288 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.